Track referers to your site with referer.org free referrer feed.

Marvie's Crochet Corner

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Another Update....

So our train tickets are purchased, we leave Ohio on the night of the 11th. Actually, at 12:45AM on the 12th, but I've never been able to think of the am hours as morning until I've slept, if it's before I've slept it's still night, I don't care what the calendar or clock says lol. We'll leave the house quite a bit before our train, because my friend's hubby works third shift so in order for him to get us there and not have to take time off work they'll drop us off around 8-8:30ish so we'll have some time to kill, but that's cool. I'm sure we'll sleep once we settle in on the train. We'll arrive in DC around noon. Then have some more time to kill till our next train leaves for VA at 2:30pm. Arrive in Va Bch at 8:30pm.

From there, I'll maybe take a day just to rest, then we'll start trying to get on a flight. I am so ready to be home! I just want to snuggle up in my bed with my hubby and all four of my kitties and enjoy the peace =)

Still nothing on the two huge boxes of the boy's clothes that hubby mailed. I'm hoping I can catch the mail lady today so I can ask her to keep her eyes open. Hubby put the wrong address on it, and though he called the airfield and spoke to a guy who said he'd correct it... I don't know for sure it actually got done. Which might not be an awful thing if they just got sent straight back, it'd save me the $40 or so in post office fees lol. If those boxes haven't shown up by the weekend before we leave, I'll have to do a bit of shopping to get the boy some shirts and a jacket to get him by till everything catches up. It's already getting chilly over there, last few days my WeatherFox has told me that Stuttgart has had high 50's-low 60's, so he'll need some warm clothes. I'll probably hit up a thrift shop or two. I'm thinking that since this is such a cold area too, they'll have good winter clothes. Virginia doesn't really have a whole lot of truely warm clothing, and certainly not this early in the season.

I'd like to get my hair cut before we leave, I haven't had it cut since I left Germany, so it's gotten quite long and funky looking lol. It's long enough I can get most of it in a hairtie if I get hot.

I've been trying to sort our things out here, figuring out how much I can eliminate from our bags and mail home. I so don't want to drag around as much as we did at the start of our trip! I've got a box packed up already, and plan to do up another today. They're small boxes, but I got a lot of crap in the one yesterday lol. The other one is nearly the same size, so I hope I can get a lot of crap in it too ;)

I've been teaching my friend to crochet =) She really wanted to learn, so I handed her hook and yarn and off we went. Now she's ready to start a blanket! We need to get to a JoAnns or Michael's or soemthing so I can give her a more in depth lesson about yarns and such, and help her pick the yarn for her first blanket. I told her that making blankets in the winter will be great for keeping her warm, but warned her that once there's a bit of length on it, she'll have either her cat or her little dog in her lap under that thing the whole time she's working on it (which of course also helps add warmth lol) so she's quite excited to have something that will keep her busy and warm all at once ;)

Her kids want me to teach them too, so if I can get to WalMart to get some RH SS I will give them quick lessons before we leave. All the yarns I have with are either to small (sock yarn) or will split too easily (RH Soft) for them. I'm thinking RH SS is best probably.

Oh, crap that reminds me, I have a whole blanket worth of yarn back in Virginia that I will need to ship home too. It's the blanket for hubby's aunt. I really want to have that to her by Christmas. Plus I have hubby's that needs to be done by/around Valentine's Day. I'll be one busy woman this winter lol. Fortunately, they're both done in squares, so I think they'll go pretty quickly. My friend back there had offered to help me assemble hubby's when the time comes (she's such a doll) because she knows how very much I hate working with pieces and assembly. So I think with her help, they'll both be done in time. I might even get some socks knitted too ;)

OH! I heard from my MIL, she's sent a box to us. In it are a load of old crochet and knitting books from hubby's aunt. She said some of them are older than I am! I so can't wait to see them =) Maybe they'll be waiting for me when I get home =)

Oooh brrr, a cold breeze just came through the screen door. I think I may need to put sweats on. Maybe socks too lol. I'm going to go do that, then maybe get a few things accomplished.

4 comment(s):

  • Don't worry about the chilly weather-when you get to Virginia, it'll still be warm. It's a little breezy here today, but thunderstorms are due and yesterday was so sticky and humid-it all evens out.

    Sounds like you are set for travel-good luck!


    By Blogger Deneen, at 8:52 AM  

  • Well if worse comes to worse let us know and maybe we can arrange for a quick meetup before you leave out and can store some stuff for you or mail it on if you need it.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 9:11 AM  

  • I know you'll probably be wanting to get out of here and back home as quickly as possible, but I'm rather selfishly hoping I'll get to see you guys again before you go. I'll keep my fingers crossed for it!

    By Blogger Lani, at 9:49 AM  

  • I know you'll probably be wanting to get out of here and back home as quickly as possible, but I'm rather selfishly hoping I'll get to see you guys again before you go. I'll keep my fingers crossed for it!

    By Blogger Lani, at 9:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home