Track referers to your site with referer.org free referrer feed.

Marvie's Crochet Corner

Saturday, October 07, 2006

Changes in the works

I've come to a decision. I'm ready for a major change on this old blog of mine. There will be a name change, and if I can manage it, a whole new look to the place. My blogiversary is October 21st, so if I can swing it, I'd like to have the changes in place by then. That gives me two full weeks. I'm a bit (a lot) nervous about trying this myself because I have no freakin' clue what I'm doing when it comes to templates, codes, buttons and all that jazz. But I do know I don't want an out of the box generic template. I've found numerous tutorials on the web, so maybe I can do this. I might break down though and find some sucker to let me pay them to do it for me, cuz I just hate code and all the crap that goes along with doing this. (note to self: look into cost of that, just in case)

As I was working on the neighbor's 'ghan last night, I realized I am nearly 1/3 of the way done with it already! I had planned to work it widthwise, but I noticed that I'd made it so wide that it's actually a good 6 inches longer than I am tall. So rather than go that route, I'm just going to call it length lol. At this point I've got it as wide as me (which is rather saying a lot rofl) so I'm estimating it at 1/3ish done right now. I should have it at least half done by the end of the weekend, if not a bit more (since this is a long weekend!) Cool =) That means I'll be able to move on to my Mobius sooner, and/or other things on my WIM list.

I posted about this at DoD recently, but I don't think I've said anything about it here. Last weekend, our kitty Goofball went to a new home. It was a tough decision for me but it was something we had to do. I'm coming to grips with it more and more every day, but I hated having to do it. He just never fit in with the other three cats. It was starting to really become a problem, the other boys were super stressed out and exibiting signs and behaviors we weren't happy with. Tux's front legs look like they've been gnawed on, he looses fur when he's stressed out. It started before I left for the states (the fur thing, the trouble started from day one) and had just gotten progressively worse. Tiger is jumpy, nervous, and just generally freaked all the time. Goof was so agressive, and they wouldn't do much to defend themselves or put him in his place. On numerous occasions he beat them up so badly that he took huge chunks of fur (and a couple of times skin) out of their hides. It was just to stressful for everyone.

So, we have this friend who's going through a divorce, his family just left recently and he's alone now. Goof went to live with him last weekend. Things are going well with them.

The boys are happier already. I've seen them play more in the past week than they've done in forever. They even play with each other now. Night before last, Tux and BB were playing Tag/Hide n Seek. Tux and Tiger have been playing again (something I haven't seen happen at all since I brought Tiger home last year) and Tux can finally snuggle in my lap without fear of being attacked by Goof. Tigger is still nervous, jumps at sudden noises and such, but I can see a bit of a change there too. He's a bit more relaxed.

All in all, it's been a good thing. I'm still sad about it, but I know it was for the best. Goof is happier, and already calmer from what K says, and K has a pal now. I just hate parting with my babies. When I take in an animal, it becomes family, one of my children not just a pet. So, even knowing that what I did was good for everyone involved, it still hurt. I think it's gotten to me more than hubby or the boy, but well, I was the one who was always home with them so I guess that makes sense.

I'm not trying to elicit sympathy over this, I only thought of it because Tux was getting frisky and playful... chasing his tail like a kitten =) For an almost 7 year old cat, who's not been very playful for a while now, it was a nice sight to see =)

Well, I'm gonna get off here and find something to do. Either work on the blanket, or sort those clothes I pulled out of the closet last week. I need to sort out the donations from the stuff we'll be consigning so I can start getting it all out of the house.

Hope ya'll are having a great weekend!

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home