Heheh Catfood that fights back!

Lookit those itty paws, he swiped her nose good but I missed that pic!

Here she was getting a bit annoyed....

A bit of history, this is my neighbor's cat Diamond. The cat is an indoor/outdoor cat (neighbor tried to make Diamond indoor only, but failed miserably) who has had to hunt for food in the past. Every day I see her with a mouse. Diamond comes up to me at least once a day when I go out to smoke. Sometimes she just says "Hi" and goes about her business, sometimes she hops in my lap and curls up for a cuddle. She is the sweetest thing ever. I'd have kept her myself if we hadn't already had four cats of our own when she turned up.
So, a few minutes ago, I went out to smoke, and I hear Diamond hollering. It was a muffled holler though, so I knew from experience that she had a prize. I always tell her what a good Huntress she is when she shows me her daily catch. She never leaves her dead prize, so I assume she eats them, but she does enjoy showing it off while it's still alive. She likes to play with her catch, showing off her prowess ;)
So, I was watching her do her thing when I realized this mouse was different. He kept rearing up and fighting back! It was cute as hell, so I ran in the house and grabbed my camera. The little guy was biting her nose, swiping at her with his little claws extended... he was so not going to just cower under that hose! I think he musta thought he was big enough (maybe he'd been drinking German beer... ten feet tall and bulletproof?) to save himself. I don't know what his end fate was, I left them alone to duke it out after taking that last picture. I prefer not to see the actual kill yanno.
*P.S. I think the mouse won. I went back out just now to check, and Diamond was wandering around in the grass pitching a fit and searching. She didn't seem happy lol. She did come over to me for a little consoling though, so I told her "It's ok, you win some, you loose some." *g* After a little lovin' she went back to her search.






2 comment(s):
By
Unknown, at
6:15 AM
By
Kellycat, at
10:39 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home