Track referers to your site with referer.org free referrer feed.

Marvie's Crochet Corner

Friday, January 06, 2006

Finished!!!!!

I'm done =) Here's my sweater:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

She used just over two balls of Joann Rainbow Boucle. 14 and a half ounces acutally. I really struggled with the sleeves, and due to the strange things I did, I have no pattern for this, and there probably won't ever be one lol. I do have two balls of the red shades on it's way that I may use to attempt this again, at which time I would hopefully be able to write a pattern. Till then folks, you are on your own! I can give you general schematics if you want to attempt it on your own.... and if you do and you figure out the sleeves you have to promise to let me know rofl.

Here it is as a WIP, what is laying here is one full ball of yarn. (That was sleeve number one, I think I ended up making 5 or 6 sleeves before I finally got something close to right!)

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I got mail goodies =) Look, see? Purty huh?

Here's my Lapdesk:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

The inside plus the set of hooks hubby got me:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

The yarn I ordered for hubby's blanet, plus some stash enhancement:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us



Snowflakes I made Monday, that I finally got round to taking pics of last night:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Last, Sara tagged me for the meme so here goes...

A. Seven things to do before I die

1. Go to Ireland!
2. Go to Italy, hubby promied =).
3. Own property in the country where we can raise a cow and a pig (to eat) grow a garden, I can raise a couple of sheep for wool, and have a huge flower garden =)
4. Have a cottage on that property for my very own fiber studio.
5. Get a spinning wheel
6. Own a book store, coffee shop or yarn shop.
7. See my children and (future) grandchildren grow up =)

B. Seven things I cannot do

1. Live without coffee!
2. Stand up to people (I'm very non-confrontational!)
3. Live without cats (when we moved ehre w/o ours we adopted one within a short time bc we hated being without kitties!
4. Take great photos, hell half the time I can't take decent ones!
5. Be a good housewife (I really suck at it, but I try to do a tolerable job lol)
6. Sew. Again, I really suck at it.
7. Ski... my MIL tried to teach me but my brain just didn't get the concept rofl.

C. Seven things that attract me to ... (Shouldn't this read Seven things I am attracted to?)

1. My hubby: he is sweet, sexy, smart, and loves me in spite of my distinct lack of housewifely skills ;)
2. Cats: They are truly enlightened, and they make me happy =)
3. Crochet: It relaxes me, it allows my creative side to poke it's head out, and it gives me joy.
4. Textures: I am a *very* tactile person. Probably part of why I love crochet so much.
5. Plants, flowers, trees: There's nothin' like grubbing in the dirt with the sun warming your bones while you tend to plants.
6. Pajamas: They are comfy, so I wear 'em all day long ;)
7. Fall: The temperature is just right and the colors are simply gorgeous!

D. Seven things I say most often

1. "F*ckin' Hell" (when I'm irritated, annoyed or otherwise aggravated)
2. "Damn Cat(s)" (when I've tripped over one, one has stolen my spot on the couch, when one eats my plants.... the list is endless rofl)
3. "Love you" I say it a lot, to hubby, kiddo, the kitties...
4. "This house is too damn small"
5. "____ more months till we're Home"
6. "I miss Wal-Mart" (this and the two above are pretty self explanitory if you've read much of what I write rofl)
7. "I need more coffee" (heard daily, all day long *g*)


E. Seven books (or series or genres or topics) that I love

1. Outlander by Diana Gabaldon (still waiting for the most recent one dammit)
2. Harry Potter
3. Clive Cussler (that Dirk Pitt is just so damn sexy!)
4. Herbal books
5. Pagan books
6. Crochet books
7. Cookbooks

F. Seven movies I watch over and over again (or would if I had time)

1. Stargate SG-1 (all seasons)and Stargate Atlantis (all seasons) (I stuck 'em together even though they're different shows bc they're related)
2. La Femme Nikita (all seasons)
3. Star Trek Generations (all seasons)
4. Charmed (all seasons)
5. Top Gun
6. The Horse Whisperer
7. You've Got Mail

G. Seven people I want to join in, too... Since I'm kinda late getting to this, and I don't remember who all has done it, if you *haven't* done it yet, consider yourself tagged ;)

And now I have to get off here and teach decimals lol. I hope ya'll have a wonderful weekend!

10 comment(s):

  • I like your pullover. The blue is gorgeous and I really like how it made that stripe down the front and sleeves. Very pretty. Will you be modeling it? If not on you, then maybe a hanger?

    Cute snowflakes

    Love the lapdesk/with hooks inside...pretty cool.


    By Blogger none, at 5:29 AM  

  • Lots of FO's! I did a sweater in the rainbow boucle and didn't think about the damn patterning until I got to the edging and had to wind it up to the same spot, etc. Came out great, but more work setting it up than I had anticipated. The sweater looks like something from "Modular Crochet" and looks comfy!

    By Blogger Deneen, at 6:23 AM  

  • Love the sweater! It's really retro looking to me!
    Great yarns and I love that lapdesk!


    By Blogger Unknown, at 7:24 AM  

  • Wow, I love it!! It turned out great - I'd say it was totally worth all the frogging!!

    And I'm with Wendy - I want to see it modeled!!


    By Blogger hi, i'm natalie, at 7:59 AM  

  • Your sweater is gorgeous... love the neckline!

    By Blogger Eliany, at 10:12 AM  

  • Your sweater is gorgeous... love the neckline!

    By Blogger Eliany, at 10:32 AM  

  • woow PICTURE PAGES and a meme today what more can a girl ask for LOL

    love the sweater i think i might have to try something like that .. but i will knit mine i dont think i could crochet a sweater with that yarn i would be blind


    By Blogger ThreeOliveMartini, at 10:49 AM  

  • Wow, great sweater! I love the striping--does that yarn just work up that way or did you have to do something to make it come out like that? It's gorgeous!

    By Blogger Daisy, at 1:07 PM  

  • Nifty sweater!!!

    By Blogger noricum, at 1:19 AM  

  • LOVE the sweater! Great job. I love that yarn. Hard to see what you are doing with it, but it is so nice when done. I just did a poncho with it and am going to do a sweater too! Love yours, great job! Can't wait to see you in it.

    Love the snowflakes too!


    By Blogger Heather, at 5:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home