Track referers to your site with referer.org free referrer feed.

Marvie's Crochet Corner

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

couple of pictures

Here's the hat and scarf set my friend made me for Christmas, along with some black mittens I made myself:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Here's the Light and Lacy stole too =) I apologize for the crappy pic, but I'd already put everything away before I realized how bad it is and I am too damn lazy to pull it all out again right this minute. I'll get my neighbor to get a pic of it on me sometime today, she takes good pics ;)

Specs: RH Symphony in Redwood. I followed the pattern exactly and was right on gauge (which I almost never am with Dot's patterns, I usually have to go up a couple of hook sizes) I didn't even need to add any rows!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Oh, and just to let ya'll know (as if you care lol) but the freakin' snow is still coming down, I don't think it stopped for more than an hour in the past 24 hours. We have a good 6 inches, if not more. I can't imagine what it looks like down at the other bases, they always get a lot more snow than we do up here. Last year when we had about this much on the ground, a lady from one of those bases told me they had snow up to their butts. Needless to say, I have to plans to travel off base any time soon rofl.

It's a good thing I got a late Christmas gift yesterday (of yarn!) from my friend back home =) Now I can sit here today and do the same as yesterday lol. She sent me two balls of RH Symphony in River Blue, which is perfect because I can add to the hooded scarf I made last year, the scarf ended up being much too short and I was super bummed about it, so now I can fix it! I'm a happy girl! She also sent me a big ass ball of Joann Rainbow Boucle in the blue colorway. I wonder if there's enough of it to make a sweater? I think I may have to do some pattern hunting.I doubt there is though... I dunno what I want to use it for though. I don't need another shawl and I already have a poncho in this color. Not enough to make a throw. Hmmmm gonna have to think on this. (I still have the green to figure out too. I made Dot's Monk's hood from the '06 PAD calendar with the green, but there's a whole bunch of it left to do something with.)

I finally got my Herrschner's gift cert. used. I had to call and they had to place the order themselves. I ordered Lacy Snowflakes for Snowflake Mondays (though I plan to also get 99 Snowflakes as soon as my Visa card arrives in the mail, any day now!) I also got three skeins each of RH Soft in Grape, Lavendar and Grass Green which I think I will use to make gifts for the little girls on my list for either bday's or next Christmas. Now that I think of it though I probably should have ordered a bit more of the Grape and green, I'm planning shrugs and I'm now afraid there won't be enough. Maybe if I use an open lacy pattern I can make it work. I got the afghan hook for hubby's ghan from there too, and something else, but I can't remember what. So, in a couple of weeks I will be getting all that stuff. I can't wait!

I have to wait on my Visa to arrive before I can order hubby's yarn too, and it's killing me! I'm so afraid the sale will be over before it gets here! I really hope it arrives today. I may go ahead and order more Homespun just bc it's on sale. I don't have any actual plans that require it, but at $2 cheaper than usual it can't hurt to have a bit on hand. It's even cheaper than Knitting Warehouse, which is the cheapest I have found it onine so far.

Oh, here's a question for ya'll, since pretty much everybody has more experience with yarns I haven't ever touched or worked with. Hubby has requested another skully, he wants it soft (he's one of those sexy blad guys ;) ) and I have no clue what yarn to use that is soft but not girly. My best thought was Simply Soft in black. Anyone have any other ideas?

Well, I am going to get off here, refill my coffee cup and add some length to that hooded scarf. Stay warm everyone!

3 comment(s):

  • umm lion brand jiffy? I have some thick n quick in black that is pretty soft.

    I love the hat and scarf and the stole is beautiful... now I HAVE to go make it, well put it on my to make list with everything else until I finish the beast (hubby's king size blanket)
    Sorry it's still snowing.. you need some snowshoes lol


    By Blogger Unknown, at 8:58 AM  

  • Hi, Marvie, came across your blog thru the Snowflake Monday ring...
    LB Wool Ease is nice too. If you want to splurge any alpaca yarn is soft and wonderful. If you're only making a hat it may be worth the extra cost. :)


    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:42 PM  

  • I would go with Simply Soft for the hat. You really can't beat it for softness. Natural fibers (like alpaca) might feel soft, but would probably get itchy on a tender head. Love the stole. When I saw it I immediately wanted to make it. It looks great in Symphony (another great yarn).
    ~ DAWN


    By Blogger DAWN, at 2:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home