Track referers to your site with referer.org free referrer feed.

Marvie's Crochet Corner

Monday, December 19, 2005

Yay me!

I finished all my shopping yesterday and I only have one gift left to make! I need to work up a hat/scarf set for an 11 yr old boy and my list will be complete =) I picked up some things yesterday on my shopping trip for the men on my list, got a few pieces of clothing for the heathen boy, picked up a couple of little things for a friend,

Oh yeah... and I got myself some stuff ;) I'd love to show ya'll, but it's all wrapped already rofl. I got some really great new shoes, my goodness they are cute! They're Sketchers, sort of a slip on tennis shoe or almost hiking boot... not exactly sure which catagory they fall into. They're the color of mens work boots, that tan color, and they have a faux sheerling lining and two different laces (I guess so I can change 'em as my mood changes? heheh perfect fer me!) and they may not sound all that cute described like that, but trust me, these are adorable shoes! Granted, they aren't exactly practical for walking around in snow since they are slip ons, but I don't care because they're *cute* ;)

I also bought myself some really sweet long johns, they have *kitties* on 'em! And they're bright pink! I so can't wait to wear them lol.

They had yarn too! Shock of shocks! Only Red Heart, and only about 6 colors, but they had it lol. I grabbed some black, buff and navy skeins just fer the heck of it. The black and buff are actually going to become purses. Not sure about the navy yet. Maybe the hat/scarf for the last kid gift? I grabbed myself a few hooks as well, stocking stuffers yu know ;) Susan Bates I, J and K which was great since those are the sizes I have been using the most lately and I could use a few extras so I don't have to switch between projects. Oh, and a cable stitch holder because I want to attempt cabling with Tunesian. Hmmmm maybe I can do that on the scarf for the boy, I already have a cable-like hat pattern I want to attempt. I should probably go for quick n simple since the package will already be late getting out and will definately not arrive for Christmas as it is.... we'll see though lol.

I had planned to work on the secret thing for hubby today, but he's home so I can't. I guess they are starting some sort of holiday routine? He never tells me this shit so I have no clue till I wake up n a weekday and he's still sound asleep, I wake him in a panic thinking he's slept through his alarm only to have him say he didn't have to work at all or something. Grrrrrr. I don't think he does it on purpose, this not keeping me informed business, he just doesn't think to tell me. I've brought it up a few times, but it hasn't helped, so I figure I'm stuck with it. Call it a flaw or whatever, if it's the worst flaw he develops in our lifetimes, I can live with that ;) I am frustrated though since I really wanted to work on this thing.... but Kari just posted a pattern that she used and it says it only takes a couple of hours, so as long as he goes to work sometime this week I can still get it done ;)

Well, I am going to get off here and get dressed (it's a bit chilly this morning! Calling for more snow today too.... maybe I shouldn't have wrapped those lng johns ;) lol) and then I'm going to get hot on that hat/scarf set.

I hope you all have a wonderful week, sending out lots and lots of "get-gifts-finished" vibes for those who need it ;) {{{Hugs}}} to you all!

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home