Friends, Family, Soul Mates?
There is a discussion going on over at Crochetville, here, and I wanted to address it, but I thought I'd do it here on the blog.So, who are you people? You're my friends and my famiy. Plain and simple. We have been through a lot together in this past year. Problems, sadness, frustrations, joys, excitement, you name it, we've gone through it =) I feel your pain/joy when I read your posts, I know your kids and share your pride in them. I know and understand the sense of accomplishment you feel when you post a FO or WIP, and I can totally sympathize when you talk about too many UFO's. I feel your worry when your beloved pet is ill, and your happiness when they get better. I laugh out loud over things you say or pictures you show. I cry when you're sad.
Sure, some people may not understand calling someone you've never met in real life "Friend" but most of the people I know get it. Hell, I met my hubby on the 'net... through my best friend who I knew from IRC for years before I ever laid eyes on her in real life. I stopped chatting not long after hubby and I got together, but you know, each year I send Holiday cards to friends in South Africa, Australia, and various other places.
To be honest, some... ok most... of ya'll feel more like the sisters I never had. I've never been one to feel like you have to share DNA to be family. I've had more sets of "parents" than I can shake a stick at. I have a brother who is in no way related by blood but who I love just the same, it was like that from the moment we met. Never anything remotely romantic between us (well I dated his best friend and he dated mine lol) it was as if we were maybe related in a previous incarnation or something. For years after I left Texas, he visited me in my dreams, or he'd call just when I needed him the most (or I'd call him when he really needed me) or a letter/song/poem would arrive at the exact perfect time. To this day I still know when he's thinking about me or when he's in one of his depressions. I have had sisters too. Hell, I was all but adopted by an entire family when I was pregnant with my oldest.
I call these people my Family of the Heart. Time or distance apart means nothing, I know that I could pick up a phone or show up on their doorstep and everything would be exactly as it always has been. Family =)
Lori has found a way to unite all of us long lost sisters, and what else could it be? She discussed it a bit last week herself. There has got to be some reason why so many of us feel such a close bond, and I believe in part it is that (as Lori said) like attracts like. I also think that thanks to the awesomeness of the 'net, we've been able to find one another to share our love of fiber. But there's gotta be something more....
I think that at some point in time, in some previous incarnation, we were all together somewhere. A close-knit circle of family and friends. Maybe we lived in a village and we spent a lot of time together. What else could explain why so many of us have felt a bond from our very first meeting?
Soul mates. Most people think that soul mates are lovers, but it isn't only lovers who can be soul mates. Family, friends, lovers, even our pets, all can be soul mates.
I believe that is why some of us have this connection. I believe this is why (at least in part) Lori has created and developed Shronedom. A way we can all be united again, in spite of the distances that separate us. So Lori, I hereby officially thank you =) Thank you for recognizing the need and for doing something about it =)
Now, I'm gonna have some more coffee and recover from yesterday ;) Hubby has requested a new winter hat so I'm going to get busy on that too while he's off shopping (the Power Zone, which is the base's electronics store, is having a sale today and he got up early this morning to go with his friend and see what kind of geeky stuff they can get good deals on *g*)
{{{Hugs}}} to my Sister Shrones (and Shrones In Training) I love ya'll!






3 comment(s):
hehe you said it perfectly.
*hugs*
By
Unknown, at
8:21 AM
By
hi, i'm natalie, at
10:35 AM
~ DAWN
By
DAWN, at
4:14 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home