I'm a Shrone!!!
I woke up this morning and lookit what was in my email....Dear Marvie,
I'm pleased to inform you that you have been selected as a esteemed recipient of The Bona Fide Shrone Award! I've determined that you possess many of the salient characteristics of a Shrone! Here are the reasons why you are a Shrone:
1. You have a nifty Goddess nature about you which is totally Shrone!
2. You have kitties!
3. You have a kind and generous heart.
4. You get to travel to places in Europe making you an International Shrone of Unknowability!
5. Something about you says when you get old and withered, you just might go out crusing for penis!
6. You are unknowable.
7. You have true Shrone spirit, taking life in stride and shining as a guiding light that shines for others.
8. You are also a Rat from the Chinese zodiac which means you have oodles of charm!
9. You're one groovy chick and I think you are super cool!
10. You haven't killed your inner child and you freely allow it out to play.
Yours in Shronedom,
Lori
P.S. Your distinguished Bona Fide Shrone card will be sent to you shortly. Feel free to post and brag about your Shrone status! To assist you, I've provided the attached button proclaiming your Shronedom to place on your blog!
Can you believe it?!?!?! I am incredibly happy and proud to have joined the ranks of so many women that I admire (for many and varied reasons) and who I consider friends.
I have always wanted to visit Ireland, it is one of my goals before leaving Europe, even if just for a weekend. I have just always been so drawn to the country. I always thought I must have some Irish in me somewhere.... but now I'm wondering if it wasn't my Shronedom calling me?
In honor of this award being bestowed upon me, I am going to do something I never let my hubby do for me before.... I am going to have him set up a savings account for me and deposit a set amount each month (probably $20, that's what we put in B's account) and this account will be there just specifically for our eventual trip to Shrone, Ireland. I make a public vow not to touch that money until our group trip =) The way I figure it, if I save $20 a month towards it, by the time we all go I will either have enough saved for the entire trip.... or at the least I can use tax refund money for the plane ticket and the saved money can be spending money. Either way, I'll have the money some way *g*
And you know, hubby will tell me I'm crazy, but he will completely understand and go along with me =) This is just another reason why I love and adore him. When he knows I really really want something, he will do whatever is in his power to see I get it.
Now, on to other stuff...
I bought myself a purty pair of silver and garnet (my birthstone) earrings last night =) I saw much I adored, but I held out all day. I kept thinking, "What if I buy something and then the next piece it shows is something I love even more?" so I waited, and finally I was rewarded with the lovely pear cut garnet earrings =) They had a necklace too but I didn't get it.... yet. I have a feeling it will be shown again.
I ordered yarn yesterday for three hats I have been asked to make, so while I was at it I of course ordered myself some more ;) I got three skeins of RH Symphony in Redwood. Don't know what I'll make with it yet, but I adore that yarn (sooooooooo soft!)
I finished the Monk's Hood and I think I like how it looks on me... I am waiting for a sunny day so I can look outdoors to be sure (I don't want to look yellow and some colors do that to my skin) I haven't decided yet if I want to attach a poncho to it or not. I'm wavering, so I will wait to decide for a while. I really think I'd rather have that in the red color. If so, I dunno what I'll do with all the green I have left. None of my friends wear that color. Maybe make something for the next craft fair? (which I still haven't made up my mind about and it's set for Dec 4th)
I also finally used that green yarn from the shrug that wasn't meant to be. I turned it into Dot's On Safari hat and made a scarf using a stitch from one of the books hubby bought me. Sorry, no pics just yet. I am still waiting for some sunshine. If I don't get any soon I will work out some lighting indoors so I can post pics, I have lots to take lol.
Well, I have to get off here and get our day started. It's a three day school week, so I want to be sure to get plenty of work accomplished to make up for having more days off.
Hope ya'll have a wonderful week =)






2 comment(s):
By
Unknown, at
6:59 AM
Everyone should probably start the passport process as soon as they can, it takes forfreakin' ever but it would be one thing to check off the list (and really, everyone should have a passport anyway right?) They're good for ten years, so even if we don't make the trip for a while it'd be ok.
If we can plan the trip right, get tickets a little far in advance and go during off season it's much cheaper to fly (and everything else is too)
I agree though, when the time is right, things will begin to happen and fall into place =)
By
Marvie, at
3:03 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home