Track referers to your site with referer.org free referrer feed.

Marvie's Crochet Corner

Saturday, November 19, 2005

6 pounds!

I stepped on the scale this morning and 6 of my pounds went missing!! Woohooooooo! Now if they just stay away lol. I was getting a little worried there for a short time, but it seems the diet is kicking in.

Oh, and I think i forgot to come back and let ya'll know, I won the battle of wills *g* he sat there for 5 and a half hours, but he finally did his work. Hubby gave him some hell when he got home, but not too badly. He just let him know that it better not happen again. Yesterday went quite well though lol. I gave him ten more problems and he got them done in a reasonable time and asked for help when he got stuck. I always knew my stubborness would come in handy someday ;)

Thanks too for all the replies on the fractions =) I think I have it now.... Kari I am with you hun, Math always made me want to run screaming from the room too rofl. Still does to be truthful! I will persevere though!

I got the rest of my crochet books! I am in Crochet Heaven now =) I can't wait to sit down and play lol. New Tunisian stitches I can't wait to try, and oh so many other things! I have a couple of things to finish up first though.

I started making snowflakes yesterday. I plan to give my MIL and hubby's aunt (the one who taught me to read patterns and really started me on this wonderful path) a set of thread tree decos. Six snowflakes each and several angels. Also, MIL adores hot air balloons, so last night I sat here and designed a hot air balloon deco for her. It's not finished yet, but I got the balloon crocheted and blocked. I ended up doing it in Tunisian (in thread, doubled on a normal D hook) with three strips of color. Now I just need to decide what color to do the basket in, I have no brown thread. I'll probably do two more for her too.

So yesterday I made two snowflakes, a flat angel deco, most of a hot air balloon, and I started working up the green rainbow boucle.

I am using Dot's Monk's Hood pattern (March 28, 2006 CPAD) and then I'm going to probably make a poncho and attach them. Depends on how I like the green once I try it on myself. I love the colors, just not sure how it'll look on me lol.

Hmmm now that the coffee has kicked in, I see the cats had a yarn party last night. Looks like Goof was feeling frisky lol. The yarn he attacked is the cocoa Imagine.... which reminds me that I have a broomstick lace poncho in the works that I haven't touched since the craft fair rofl. Hmmm that makes three new ponchos, plus the three or so I have in my closet lmao. Figures I'd get into them just about the time they're getting less popular! Do I care? Not a bit lol. I like 'em and I'll wear 'em till I don't ;)

Ooooh I just remembered the box of thin yarn.... there's lots of browns in there and it's about the thickness of 10 thread so the basket delima is solved lol. I think there was one in there that was less yarn like and more thread like in texture. If it doesn't look right I can always make the balloons out of the yarns in that box lol. I could fill her house with hot air balloons rofl.

Well, hubby just woke up so I'm gonna get off here and start my day. It's Saturday, which means its Thrift Shop Day (once he's awake thst is!) Who knows what I might score this time *g*

Hope ya'll have a wonderful weekend!

1 comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home