Ugh
Aunt Flo is paying me back for talkin' bad about her last month. Get this.... she showed up at the EXACT moment I came down with a tummy virus! Hubby had been sick all day yesterday, he used an entire roll of TP in like 12 hours. I figured I wouldn't catch it, I made it all last winter without so much as a cold so I thought I'd be fine. I was wrong! About dinner time last night it hit me, and of course at that exact moment in time the old bitch Aunt Flo reared her ugly head too. How rotten is that? I was one big lump of misery all night long. She came like a ton of bricks too. Pay back I'm tellin' ya. Oh, and "pain" totally over rides "nausea" and "I need to poop" receptors in your brain.... no I didn't mess myself lol... I just mean that Aunt Flo mostly made me forget the misery of the virus. "Pain" does not over ride "Fever" and "I'm freakin' freezin" receptors though. So I huddled on the couch doubled over in pain, with two crocheted blankets on me, shivering and nearly crying. I finally took my muscle relaxer and pain meds, crawled into a tub full of very hot water, and after a while I felt somewhat better. That's when the nausea and poopy cramps kicked in lmao. I tell ya, that sucked!Today I am doing ok, keeping the pain meds loaded into my system so the cramps aren't killing me. The tummy thing is not so bad.... nothing left to get rid of lol I haven't eaten since lunch yesterday. Frankly I am afraid too! Everything we're eating these days is high fiber and I so don't want to feed my sick tummy a salad right now lol.
On a good note, maybe this will finally show a couple of pounds weight loss lol. I was getting very frustrated that the scale (which is brand new, hubby bought it last week) has shown me no joy at all after a week of this diet crap. I keep telling myself that's probably because I started the diet a week before my period and I always gain a couple of pounds that week.... so if I lost anything from the diet it came right back with ther period. I damned well better see that scale change next week or I'm going to freak right the hell out!
We have eaten two heads of lettuce, actually closer to three, in the past week. Along with copious amounts of tomatoes, carrots, cukes, celery, peas, broccoli, cauliflower green veggies galore. Lots of salad, two a day for the past week. No bread whatsoever for a week, no pasta, we did have rice one night when I made vegetarian fried rice. I've cut down to one soda a day (diet of course as always) and even cut back to two-three cups of coffee per day... using just a touch of fat free half n half. I've had no milk, a teensy bit of cheese, some yogurt in fruit smoothies for breakfast. Yeah, I have to eat breakfast every day consisting of fruit... I'm not a fruit fan so I smoothie the stuff just so I can get it down. I like me some smoothies lol.
I haven't eaten this much healthy food all at one time in my life lol.
Oh! I did come across a very good recipe for a mashed potato replacement. I can't remember which site I found it on, but they're called
Mock Mashed Potatos
Take two bags of frozen cauliflower and boil them till they're very soft
Dump 'em in the blender along with a bit of butter, the real stuff, and a scoop of sour cream (or cream cheese) and blend it to mush. If you need to add liquid you can add a Tbs or two of half n half but you probably won't need it.
Pour your mushed stuff into a glass dish and pop it in the oven for 20 minutes or so to make it good n hot. You can top with a bit of cheese if you like.
I swear this tasted just like mashed potatoes! Even B couldn't tell the difference! I didn't tell him till he'd finished them lol. He was kinda pissed, he'd eaten cauliflower and even said it was good rofl. Hubby really liked them too. I'll defiantely be making them again =) You should give it a try sometime! Even if you're not a fan of cauliflower, seriously, you can't tell after the other stuff has been added to it. If my picky kid ate it, you can be pretty sure almost anyone would like 'em lol.
K, gonna go make myself some broth now.... I think I'll have some crakers with it. I know, crakers are in the bread family, but diets don't count when you're pooping your head off and pukey feeling... right??






5 comment(s):
Also *hugs* hope you feel better soon.
I have seen that recipe before and wondered how it tasted thanks for the review! I may have to try it.
By
Unknown, at
5:01 PM
Hope you feel all better soon!
I'll have to try the cauliflower thing soon. I've seen the recipe before but I was having trouble believing it really tasted like potatoes LOL
By
Daisy, at
5:13 PM
Drink Gatorade and the BRAT diet (bread, rice, applesauce (why I don't know) and tea).
My husband would never go for that cauliflower recipe, but I would.
By
Deneen, at
6:21 PM
Anywho, I think this crap is trans-continentally contagious, because you described my state yesterday *exactly.* I was up hours early for work with a tummy bug, then came to realize that part of the pain was cramps, too! ICK!!!!
I'm feeling better today and hope you are too!! :D
By
hi, i'm natalie, at
5:11 PM
I have a site for you soccer shirtcaulfield, its called Holden Tees. We're a small company and we sell shirts and stuff.
Come and check it out if you get time
-Holden Tees
By
Anonymous, at
11:25 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home