Track referers to your site with referer.org free referrer feed.

Marvie's Crochet Corner

Thursday, October 27, 2005

K, Freaking out lol

It's Thursday already... and the day is half over. Day after tomorrow is the craft fair. I checked the weather for the day, it should be sunny and gorgeous. Cool but not freezing cold or anything. Hopefully people will come, and while they'renthere they'll buy my stuff!

I printed out my price list, made up some small signs, printed out the tags to give credit for the awesome folks who let me use their designs, I got everything washed (cat hair gone, nice Bounce smell, everything is nice and soft) Hubby got me some cash for change, I've attached lanyards to the chapstick covers, put tissues in the tissue covers, hubby even got some chapstick for the chapstick covers. He's picking up some pins for the flowers today, I had some but they went MIA somehow. I've tagged most of the things that have different prices than what's on the price listing sheet (which I placed in a picture frame so it'll sit right in the center of the table)

My neighbor is going with me Saturday, she has been a huge help! She's making the poster for me, she helped me set up a dry run of the display, helped with tons of ideas, she even came up with a great name for the booth... In the Loop... beneath that it'll say something like Crochet Fashions by Marvie or something along those lines at least. She even made the cape for kiddo's Hallowe'en costume for me!

I gave up on the shrug, after remaking it in a V-stitch pattern so I'd have more for the ruffle, it still doesn't work for me. I'm just too short and wide. I had to try again though rofl. I think I'll turn it into a ruffled scarf and a cloch of some sort. Yeah, I said I didn't want another hat/scarf set, but dammit, I am gonna get to wear this yarn lol.

I am making the Colors of Fall Poncho from the cover of the Sept. issue of Crochet! Didn't have the yarn it calls for of course, but it's looking pretty great in the LB Imagine. I've got one panel finished and started the second last night. Hopefully I'll have it finished in time. If not, I'll just have to find something to wear lol.

I started taking pics today, to use in the screen saver for the fair, but the batteries died, so I have them charging. I hope I can finish that up today. Then all that's left is getting hubby to help me do some business cards, making some small flyers in case the cards we have aren't enough.... I have a couple things that need ends woven, pins on the flowers, and I think (hope) that's it. Other than getting everything gathered up and loaded.

Saturday will be a long day, have to be there at 8AM to set up, the thing starts at 10 and runs till 5. I'm figuring I have to get up at 6:30 or so to leave by 7:30. Probably won't be home before 6:30 or 7 that evening. I damn well better sell all or most of my stuff!

The panic is setting in though, I wish I could have made more stuff, cuter hats, more scarves, more everything. Instead, I settled for simple hats that'd make up quickly for the most part. I wish I'd had time to do more though. Christmas decos probably would have stood a good chance of selling. *sigh* there's always next year though. I can work throughout the year and next year I'll have more stuff, better stuff, and an idea of what types of things will sell.

I'll be sure to take a picture of the display to post though, and I'll let ya'll know Saturday night or Sunday morning how it went.

Right now, I better get off here, stop procrastinating, and get some more stuff done! Ooooh and hubby just called, season 8 of SG-1 just arrived in the mail today! Woohooooooooooooo! I've been waiting ages and ages for this! =) I can watch that while I work on my poncho..... though he said I have to finish the Gilmore Girls first, which should be done tonight if I pop it in now and watch while I price things *g*

K, getting off here now!

4 comment(s):

  • Deep breaths Marvie...you know it's gonna be fine.

    By Blogger Deneen, at 8:23 AM  

  • Breathe girl!!!! I got my candles annointed and ready to light. You'll do fine. Just find your inner light and let it shine your way.
    *hugs*


    By Blogger Unknown, at 9:16 AM  

  • I second, no third I guess, the deep breaths. You will get through this, and I bet you'll do great (((hugs)))

    I recall you writing the other day about crowd anxiety, etc. and meant to comment then but didn't. Anyway, what I wanted to say then: I tend to have major problems with that, bad social anxiety, but somehow I ended up working in retail all these years lol And I generally do fine with customers. It sounds weird, because I'll totally freeze up in crowds and things like that, but--this might sound weird--when I'm dealing with customers I almost put on a different persona and become chatty and everything. Sort of like acting. It's easier for me than, say, being in a crowd of strangers or having to speak to a group of people, because I know what I need to do (help people figure out what they want, ring them up, answer the phone, etc) so it's not so anxiety-provoking because I know what I need to do.

    Rambling, sorry. But I just wanted to say that in case it helps put a different perspective on things...


    By Blogger Daisy, at 11:43 AM  

  • You'll do great!

    Take some yarn and your hooks - people actually making stuff seem to draw customers.


    By Blogger Lynlee, at 8:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home