Track referers to your site with referer.org free referrer feed.

Marvie's Crochet Corner

Monday, October 17, 2005

MMHD and Panic is setting in

I had a good weekend =) Saturday was Mommy Mental Health Day (MMHD). I dragged my neighbor (the one who recently learned to crochet) downtown and we went yarn shopping, had lunch, wandered through the various stores. It was a great day =) I saw *so* much crochet that day, both in stores and on the street. Lots of inspiration =) I bought a little bit of yarn, found some big fat balls (250 grams, the biggest balls I've found over here) and bought one in maroon, and another in a twine/hemp color. Picked up some blue that matches pretty closely to the blue in the Seraphina I was working on but ran out of yarn several inches before finishing.... turns out my dumb ass should have paid more attention, the color is nearly perfect but the yarn is about twice as thick as the mainstays yarn. Grrrrr. And! I remembered when I went out with Anna and Josie early this year, we'd gone into a big department store that had a sewing/yarn section. I couldn't remember the name of the place, but we explored several stores till finally we stumbled upon the right one! We hit the motherload *g* that's where I found the big fat balls of yarn. They also had all the things I haven't been able to find over here till now. Purse handles (small selection, but at least they are available!) Quite a selection of threads, all size 10 or 3 but still. BEADS! Nice ones, not just cheap plastic ones. Lots of other stuff too. I was tickled =) I'll definately be going back!

And lastly, I bought yarn for meeeeeeeeee. It's a pretty soft, sage green with flecks of other colors in it (picture later too early still) this yarn is going to become a shrug for me. I plan to make it in time to wear it to the craft fair =) Which is just 11 days from now.

I've been crocheting things for this craft fair for what seems like forfreakinever, I have a decent inventory (dollar worth over $1,000) that covers our entire queen sized bed and then some. I'm spending this week working on a few more things to throw in, and next week will be me getting price tags and such ready, figuring out display, learning how to set up one of those screensavers that shows photos on my laptop, taking pics for my album, designing and printing business cards and going into a nervous fit.

I feel it coming on already. Hello, this is me, the one with anxiety in crowds, super huge stage fright... and I am placing myself in a situation where I will be stuck in a crowd for 6+ hours, on the spot for most of that. What the hell was I thinking???

I better make some decent money from this thing. I've depleted my stash in a huge way. Seriously, I am down to one basket of yarn for sale purposes. I do have some baby yarn and Christmas colors left, and a drawer of yarns I kept back for my own personal use. Oh, and a drawer of odds and ends. That seems to have grown rather than shrunk rofl. I've tried my damndest to use it up, making scrap scarves, scrunchies, flowers etc. but somehow the damned drawer is filled to the brim now.... grrrr.

I'll be posting an inventory list later this week, and I may ask ya'll to help me with some pricing too.

Gods I have a lot to do! I just remembered I have backs to sew on flowers, a bag to felt, several buttons to sew and a shawl that needs to be finished. On top of the list above of non-crochet related to-do's. I think this next week or so is going to be an easy one school wise. I'll never have time to hold class and get everything finished rofl. Hmmmm, we can call this a business lesson. He wants to help with the fair, so I might as well make it a learning experience! K, getting off here now. Lots to do...........

Have a great week all =)

2 comment(s):

  • OK Breathe sweetie. You'll be fine. I feel for ya though, I think that anxiety keeps me from seriously crocheting to sell.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 6:47 AM  

  • oh and let me know what day your sale is an I'll light a candle of calmness for you

    By Blogger Unknown, at 6:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home