Track referers to your site with referer.org free referrer feed.

Marvie's Crochet Corner

Monday, October 03, 2005

Crows

I keep seeing crows. Not a completely unusual occurance around here, but three days in a row now, crows have landed quite near me and/or have drawn my attention to them in some way that is not usual. I'm not the type of Pagan who sees omens and signs in every little thing, but this is getting my attention.

In Pagan symbolism Crow can mean many things. Crow can be a messenger, he can tell you of changes coming your way. Crow can be telling you not to stray from the path you are on. He could be telling you of bad things about to happen in your life (though I always try to remind myself that aything bad is still a learning experience) and various other things.

The last two times this happened, our family went through some pretty big changes. It was right after we'd moved here and hubby had some pretty big issues. Then again right before the whole deal with the kiddo... though that one I didn't recognize until after the fact.

Well, so far hubby and kiddo have had something, so now it's probably my turn lol. I'm not saying I am expecting bad stuff to happen, like I said, Crow can symbolize many things. But he sure has me thinking and paying attention.

It could mean I am doing the right thing by homeschooling kiddo. Could be telling me that this upcoming craft fair will change my life (haha that'd be great if it was a change for the good!) Could be telling me to pay more attention to things in general. At this point I dunno what he's trying to tell me. I'm watching though!

I got a bit of crocheting done this weekend. I made a handful of chapstick keyrings, a hat for the yellow shrug, a neck bag and a couple more scrunchies. And a few more flowers.

I've made the pieces for a scrunchie keeper, just need to put it together I looked at the pattern I found at CPC and kinda went my own way with it. I used one of my afghan hooks for the strap, made a differnt topper, and now just need to put it together and see if it works out like it should. I don't have the big rings the original pattern calls for so I'm improvising. We'll see lol. If it works out and seems different enough from the original maybe I can sell them. Goddess knows there are lots of families around here with girls and that of course means lots of hair accessories and if I had a house full of girls I'd want some way to organize the hair crap. If they're too similar, I'll email the designer and ask for permission to sell them. So far I have gotten all positive responses from the people I have asked permission of.

K, well, back to my hooks =) I have a lot of crocheting left to do and since school is out for the day I can finally get to work =)

Hope ya'll have a great week!

2 comment(s):

  • Keep crocheting and watching out for those crows!! Never know what they are trying to tell you!

    By Blogger Kimberly, at 10:01 AM  

  • When is the last time you cleansed your house? Your spirit?

    As long as you have learned something from it, there are no bad experiences.

    It's funny, last night when I had to lay with the boy because he woke up and it's a new house and it's big and he gets scared I was thinking of making that very same cpc scrunchi holder for my scrunchis.
    I like how you made it!


    By Blogger Unknown, at 10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home