Interesting day
Today was interesting. I made my usual trip to the thrift shop. Didn't find much today, I did grab a set of crocheted potholders because I wanted to figure out the stitch used. I had to deconstruct one of them in order to figure it out, but the one I took apart had a couple of small burned spots in it anyway.The one on the left is the one I bought, the one on the right is my version.

A close up of mine:

It looks complicated, but it's quite simple. You just make a filet mesh square in the size you want and end off. Then join some yarn in the center, put groups of 3 dc in a snakey kinda pattern, on the bottom, sides and tops of the blocks and keep turning as you go. You can make a nice pretty pattern like the original one there, or go rather random as I did, or even more random, changing colors etc. as you go.
I like how it turned out, I think I'll play with it some more and see what other neat patterns I can come up with =)
Hubby thinks I should make a wall hanging or a rug out of it. I have to say, that blue square is rather cushy, it'd make a nice rug. The texture and swirl makes it interesting to look at so it'd be kinda cool as a wall hanging too.
Oh, and something funny happened at the thrift shop. This lady walks up to me and says "Is that a picture of you on your tshirt?" I glanced down to refresh my memory as to what I had thrown on before leaving the house.... "Umm, no ma'am that would be Shania Twain" "Oh, well it looks very much like you without glasses" she replied. I was a bit perplexed, but I politely thanked her and promptly left the shop so I could die laughing lol. I've never had anyone tell me I even resembled Shania before... I'm thinkin' I shoulda offered the poor woman my glasses ;) Now, don't get me wrong, Shania is a beautiful woman, and I'd love to have her body.... but I live in the real world, and I'm short, *ahem* fluffy and in nooooooooo way could be said to resemble (in the least way) Shania Twain lol. I have freckles, no neck to speak of, and my cheekbones don't look a bit like her's lol. When I told hubby about it, he just raised one eyebrow (how do people DO that!?!?) and snorted. rofl
So, yeah, I'm gonna go watch some TV now and play with yarn lol. Hope ya'll are having a great weekend!






3 comment(s):
By
Deneen, at
5:14 PM
~ DAWN
By
DAWN, at
7:52 AM
By
Daisy, at
12:04 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home