I survived lol
B and I left the house at 10:20 yesterday morning and arrived at the track on the other base at 11:30 where hubby had already set up the tents and such. We found him over at the registration tent, got our ID braclets (in case you fall down and pass out on the track lol) and wandered back to our tent.We hung out, watched the first lap (run by the various teams, but since none of us run, we just sat it out lol no competing with a whole bunch of gungho Marines, Army dudes and Air Force folk for our lazy asses rofl) and made a run for supplies (water, fruit, ice etc)
Counting myself and B, there were four of us on our team. Hubby and one Navy First Class (a wonderful lady I'll call M)so needless to say, we didn't even worry about keeping someone on the track 24 hours. We just walked when we felt like it, slept when we felt like it etc. We ended up giving our laps to the teams made up of the people they worked with.
I slept about three hours total, two on the air matress from ten to midnight, and another hour spent dozing in my chair at about 6AM lol. I fell asleep while B was talking to me rofl.
My original goal was 15 miles. Well I didn't quite make 15 on the track itself. I did ten miles though =) I forgot the pedometer, but I'm guessing I still made my goal if you count the half mile walk from the house to the bus stop, all the various trips to the nearest bathroom facilities and trips to get coffee at the 24 hour shopette on base *g*
B did four miles, hubby id 16 miles. Plus my ten... not bad really =) I can't remember what M did, but she wasn't actually there much during the day yesterday and she slept most of the night, so she didn't have a lot of track time.
We got hit by a nasty rain storm about 3AM, the kiddo got a little damp when the tent leaked lol. That ended his sleep for the night (his total sleep time was about the same as mine) Hubby slept about 6 hours though lol.
Honestly, it was more of a camp out than anything heheheh
We loaded up and left out of there about an hour before it was actually over. I was showered and in bed before 1PM lol. I napped till about 5, and here I am, after having dinner. I'm a little sore in the legs, but not nearly like I was last year. Of course, tomorrow I'll be in much worse pain I'm sure!
Oh, I had my physical therapy appontment yesterday afternoon. The doc sent me for some xrays on my back, he says at this point he isn't seeing any arthritis. There's some wear and tear, possibly some cartilidge damage, but nothing big. Frustarting to me, because we STILL don't know why I hurt. He prescribed Naprosyn and told me I can continue the classes, just to show up whenever I feel like it, no appointment needed.
So that was essentially my day lol. Tomorrow will most likely be spent sittin on my butt relaxin' *g*






0 comment(s):
Post a Comment
<< Home