Another set
Hubby brought home the dvd Sahara and we watched it last night, after we'd both re-read the book which was a mistake lol. We're both big Clive Cussler fans and have read every single one of the Dirk Pitt novels. Well, we're thinking the makers of this movie forgot to read the book! The plot only very vaguely followed the book... at least they got the names of the characters right even if none of them actually looked like the characters are described. I can get past that though, I mean it can't be easy to find people with acting skils who actually look right. I can even get past leaving out huge chunks of the story, they couldn't make everything fit in the couple of hours alloted. But to change things around SO much? No, that I can't get past. If you're gonna make a movie based on a book and name the darn movie after the book... keep the flippin' story the way it's supposed to be! Hubby almost didn't finish watching the movie he was so disgusted. I kept in mind that not everyone who watches it will have read the book, and if that is the case, the movie is quite good. Just be aware it's NOT the same story. End of rantSo anyway, I made this scarf while watching the movie, and the headband this afternoon.

This makes a total of 5 scarf sets, 2 have headbands and three with hats. I have about 6 hats done in various sizes, two baby sets (one newborn and one slightly bigger) a few scarves, several bags and a whole boatload of scrunchies. Not much really when you look at it, but I still have plenty of time. The craft fair is October 29th. I just really need to get hookin' so I have a lot more ready.
I plan to take plenty of yarn with me Friday for the marathon (I won't be on the track the whole 24 hours, probably less than four hours actual walking) so I'll have something to keep me occupied. I can knock out lots of scrunchies and hats that day/night I bet.
I ordered 25 balls of yarn today from Smiley's I spent a grand total (inl. shipping) of $49.91. Hubby gave me $50 to spend, and never let it be said I can't spend it wisely rofl. I got Paton's Classic wool in black and natural, LB Imagine in Cocoa, and the rest is all This in several colors. I had to have it shiped to my best friend since they only ship UPS, but she's good about sending things out as soon as they arrive so I'll have it shortly after she gets it. I did have to promise hubby that I wouldn't use any of it till my current stash is depleated........... so I should get off here and get busy *g* I have to say though, I've gone from having a big wicker trunk and two bedding baskets stuffed full, down to just the two bedding baskets! That's nearly half my stash gone since the trunk holds easily as much as both bedding baskets =)
K, off to do some stitchin'.... I have no idea what will come off the hooks today lol.






1 comment(s):
~ DAWN
By
DAWN, at
8:09 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home