Baby hat and mittens...
These have got to be the cutest teensy little things I have ever made lol. I've never made itty bitty mittens before, they're so tiny! I started out hunting down patterns at CPC but none of the ones I tried looked right, so finally I used These only I ended up doing them a bit differently. I worked the cuff, then did a row of sc across the top, then joined it so I could work in the round, following the pattern the rest of the way. I then slip stitched the top closed, did the pattern for the thumb, sewed that closed, then sewed the cuff closed. That worked out much better for me. The first mitten, following the pattern came out rather square on top and I wasn't happy with the seam up the side. I'm much happier with it done in the round.
There off to the right side you can sort of see another purse I was working on... but I ran out of the brown yarn so I'm stalled. I also don't have enough black to just finish it off with black. I either have to find another color, or frog it. I really don't want to frog it. I do have just enough black left to do the last two rows at the top with (I think) but probably not the handles. Which sucks bc I definately want the handles black too. Unless I frog the brown down to just two rows, add a third color, then do two more rows of brown and finish with one row of black rsc and black handles... but I can't picture it in my head, which probably means it'd look like shit.... oops I said shit ;)
I've also made a couple more hats, and a baby hat n booties set. The booties are just teensy variations of the ones I made for hubby. I'll get pics soon, I was too lazy to get up and go all the way to the bedroom (heh like it's that far!)
So far I still don't have much for the fair, but I'm plugging away. I think I'm going to focus mostly on hats and such. They're quick and will use up all the bits n pieces of yarn I have. I have a lot of wound balls that are probably just enough for a hat (or two kid hats) and lots n lots of bits to use for scrunchies, I'll probably do up some other things as well, but other than the few ponchos I already have, I think I'll stick to smallish items. I think they'll sell better anyway. I'll have lotsa printed business cards, so if folks want something made for them they can contact me. I'd rather take orders than end up with a bunch of stuff that doesn't sell.
Well, I guess I should go jump in the shower. I've been a lazy cow today, it's after 3PM and I am still in my jammies lol. The neighbor is taking us out to dinner tonight as a thank you for taking care of Sissy, so I have to get dressed at some point in the next couple of hours lol.
Have a great weekend ya'll!






0 comment(s):
Post a Comment
<< Home