Track referers to your site with referer.org free referrer feed.

Marvie's Crochet Corner

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Accepted!

OMG! I'm still in shock lol. My bag made it! It'll be in the 2007 calendar!

I made hubby take me to the store to buy chocolate to celebrate =) Heheh I also got some catfish and shrimp to fry up this weekend and some pina colada mix for tonight rofl. Along with a whole bunch of other stuff, bc hubby can't just go in and get a few things lol. We always end up with a cart full of food and stuff.

Well, I haven't gotten any crocheting done today. Spent all day dealing with the purse lining. My neighbor ended up cutting the fabric and sewing it for me bc I was making such a mess of it. Some people just should not be allowed near sewing needles and thread, and I am one of those people rofl. I'll have to learn though if I plan to do any more purses. After watching her, I at least know how to figure out the fabric cutting now. Still no promises as to even stitches though lmao. As ya'll can see from the pic below, I can't even sew handles on a purse evenly LOL.

The fabric for the purse is actually from a black skirt I bought at the thrift shop for a dollar. I should be able to get lots of linings from it, it was a very full skirt lol. It was actually hubby's idea. I tell ya, he's just full of good ideas. So after that, I went through a bunch of clothes I was going to donate and saved a few things to use as linings. So see, I have to get better at sewing rofl. Damn me and my bright ideas!

3 comment(s):

  • Yay! Congratulations!

    I started making the purse last night, but I started it around 1:00 AM. I have this rule with myself about not starting new projects after midnight LOL because I always screw things up when I do. This time was no exception :-P but I'm going to start over again this afternoon.


    By Blogger Daisy, at 2:09 PM  

  • CONGRATS!!!!!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 7:38 AM  

  • Congrats! I think I have a sweater in the calendar too. :)

    By Blogger noricum, at 1:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home