Track referers to your site with referer.org free referrer feed.

Marvie's Crochet Corner

Saturday, September 17, 2005

Recycling a sweater

Hmmm can ya'll see these two pics? I am having issues with Image Shack at the moment. If not let me know please!

Went to the thrift shop on base today and I ran across this sweater... I'm sorry, vest lol



Normally I only buy large, longsleeved sweaters, but I really liked this yarn... and the vest was crocheted. I don't wear vests though, so a froggin' I went =)

The buttons were just tied on, so no big deal there, a few picks with my metal yarn needle and they were off.

I then proceeded to poke around till I found some yarn ends. I little picking and pretty soon I found the one that allowed me to start frogging. Now, I just have to say that frogging via the use of my handy dandy yarn winder really makes me a happy girl =)

In les than 20 minutes I had this:



I weighed it, and there is 240 grams of recycled yarn there. For a cost of $3.00 and less than an hour of my time.

Now, should I make a scarf or two out of it? I could make a pretty shrug, but I am too fat for those, so I'd have to sell it. If I make a couple of scarves, I can keep one and sell one ;) I could make a bag, lined of course. I could do scrunchies and maybe a couple of pretty snoods. Lots of possibilities here. I'll have to think on it. Ideas, thoughts??

2 comment(s):

  • I can see the photos, although one took a long time to load.

    By Blogger noricum, at 12:48 PM  

  • For some reason, the pic of the vest isn't showing, but the one of the yarn is! Looks like some yummy stuff, can't wait to see what you decide to make with it. I love recycled yarn, it's so nice on the budget and the stash!!

    By Blogger hi, i'm natalie, at 12:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home