Track referers to your site with referer.org free referrer feed.

Marvie's Crochet Corner

Thursday, October 06, 2005

Just call me the local pusher ;)

Yup, that's me lol. My neighbor has decided to learn to crochet. She went online and looked it up, practiced with a CHOPSTICK and (I think) embroidery thread, and then came knockin at my door to ask for help and advice =) I immediately handed her a spare J hook and a ball of light colored yarn, since she had already looked up the stitches and knew how to chain and such I told her about turning chains, talked about tension, we talked about yarn requirements for a baby blanket and a few other things. She went home that night and immediately became a fellow addict ;) She said she couldn't put it down, not even to go to bed *g* (she did eventually go to bed) Then last night she brought the yarn and hook over, and showed me what she'd been playing around with (if I can replicate it it's be a great shawl!) and asked a few questions about why it was doing this or that. I gave her a stitch marker to mark the last chain in her turning chains, wrote out a shell pattern in plain English and she left. Today, she was a bit frustrated that she had troubles with managing to create the shell stitch that I'd written for her. We discussed some other things, yarns and what things can be crocheted, she borrowed my crochet mags, and the next thing I knew she was ordering some yarn to make a baby blanket *g* I did give her the links to StitchGuide.com and Crochetville to help her out if I happen to not be around.

Today I haven't gotten any crocheting in, though I have high hopes to whip out a pair of mittens before bedtime. I did manage to get pictures taken of The Purse with No Name and will finally get around to emailing that to Annie. I haven't gotten much feedback from the people who said they'd test the pattern, only one of them actually. So I hope like hell the thing is ok. I made a couple of little changes in wording that hopefully will clear up the area where the one tester had a bit of trouble. I have made the purse using the pattern and it worked out, but since I made it up I figure my "test" doesn't count much lol. I don't want to wait much longer though and screw myself out of a place in the calendar! So I'm praying to the Gods that it's ok lol

I keep getting headaches at night. Four nights in a row now. They seem to start about 5 or 6 and gradually get worse as the night progresses. It's not caffiene deprivation, eating doesn't help (sometimes I get headaches when I haven't eaten) and it's not time for my monthly migraine so I dunno what the heck it is. But it's kicking in now, so I'm going to go take a hot bath and some drugs (not in that order lol) and hope it goes away soon.

Night all!

3 comment(s):

  • Could it be "letdown" headaches? As in end of the day time to relax headache? *hugs*

    By Blogger Unknown, at 7:50 PM  

  • Do you wear glasses? Does it feel like it might be eyestrain-related? The last time I needed my prescription adjusted (it was only a tiny adjustment, it hasn't changed much since I was about 18 or so I think) I was getting terrible headaches by the end of the day at work. The eye doctor didn't really even think the change would be enough to have caused my headaches, but they did go away after I got my new glasses. (Or maybe it was because my old glasses were all scratched up...hmm.)

    By Blogger Daisy, at 9:07 PM  

  • I find magnesium helps with my mystery headaches.

    By Blogger noricum, at 11:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home