Felted Hook Handles
Oh, and I also did this yesterday and today...
The blue and green one (an F) I am not thrilled with yet, it needs more felting and the red needs to go away so I'll work on it more tomorrow. The middle one is a G and I used some roving I was RAOK'd with earlier this year. It's my favorite so far. It felted beautifully, it's comfy as can be.. by far my favorite at the moment. The last one is a K and I used some purple roving I'd bought to spin but it was rough and I didn't care for how it spun... as a hook handle I think it'l be ok. It's a bit hairy still though, so either it's going to get another run or I'll give it a haircut *g* I'm thinking it wants more rovings added anyway, it's not quite where I wanted it (but my hands were tired and looked like raisens rofl)

That is what I used to do them. The purple and the green next to it came those colors, the rest I dyed with koolaid yesterday. I just grabbed a few handfuls of undyed roving and tossed them each into koolaid baths n nuked 'em (I used 2 packets each and the colors are quite bright as you can see) they were dry in less time than it took to dye them lol. I used less than half of each color on the handles (though the deep green one is whats left over not what I started with bc I'd already begun that handle when I took this pic)
ok and now I really am going to go crochet some mittens rofl






4 comment(s):
Mental note to self: Must get hands on roving. Yes.
Awesome job! :)
By
Joy, at
4:54 PM
With the roving, you just soaked it in the Kool-Aid and nuked it like regular wool dyeing? I saw a thing on dyeing rovings and it was like soak the roving in a mason jar and add the jar to a water bath and simmer on low, blah-blah....I may try your method!
By
Deneen, at
5:12 PM
By
noricum, at
11:10 PM
By
LadyLinoleum, at
2:06 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home