Track referers to your site with referer.org free referrer feed.

Marvie's Crochet Corner

Saturday, October 08, 2005

Score!

I don't have pics yet cuz I've gotta jump in the shower when hubby gets out of the bathroom but I got a great deal today at the thrift shop =) Not yarn related this time, but I'm still quite happy lol

Some of you may remember me whining last winter about wanting some flannel lined jeans to keep my ass warm when I have to go out in the frigid cold we tend to get here. Well, I got thrifty *g* I decided I would buy some fleece or flannel and a pair of mens jeans and make my own. Well the craft shop in base wanted $9 a yard for flannel and I'm just to cheap to pay that, and I didn't want to wait long enough to ask someone in the states to pick some fabric up for me, because I'm just impatient like that.

So today at the thrift shop I found a fleece bathrobe for $2.00. I snagged it. (along with a cool wood morter and pestle and a Yule gift for my chicken collecting best friend) and when I told the lady that runs the thrift shop what I intended to do with the robe, she made me go find a pair of jeans. So I went back to the table where the jeans are and right on top of the pile was a nearly new pair of mens Wranglers in the size I needed! I took them up and got my money out of my pocket and she refused to take it lol. She did make me promise to show her the jeans when I finish them. Not a bad deal, I'll have warm (really warm) jeans for a grand total cost of $2.00 (compared to $50 at L.L. Bean)! I may look like a fat cow in them, but I'll be warm by God!

K, hubby is out of the bathroom, I have to go shower. We're having dinner with the neighbors we helped move a while back. Hope ya'll are having a good weekend!

1 comment(s):

  • Well, I was gonna say, "Cool beans!" but I suppose it is actually more appropriate to say, "Toasty beans!" since your ass will be nice an toasy this winter!

    By Blogger Lynlee, at 9:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home