What to do?
Ya'll rock =) Thanks for all your comments yesterday =) I'm still fat, but I feel better ;)So, the green yarn is still a shrug, stuffed in a corner till I feel up to frogging 300 grams of yarn. I'll just hook it to the winder and frog it the easy way but right now I just want to let it sit in time out, that's what it gets for allowing me to make it into something that looks terrible on me.
Advice? What should I make? Hubby suggests a poncho out of the Imagine. So I think I'll go on a hunt for a pretty poncho pattern. Either that, or maybe a long rectangle shawl that I can wrap round my shoulders and pin with this pretty pin I have hanging out in a drawer someplace?
But what about the green? Oh, you want to see it? Well, alright... here it is:

I have 300 grams, or 360 meters of it. I made the shrug using a Q hook and eventually discovered I didn't have enough to do a decent sized ruffle on it, maybe for a super skinny chick, but not fer me lol it never even came close to covering my boobs (and I don't have huge ones) It's too much for a hat/scarf and like I said yesterday, I really don't want to make that anyway. It's two ply, a bit thicker than WW, I guess it'd be considered a chunky yarn. It's super soft stuff, I really enjoyed working with it, very pettable yarn. I've dug through my pitiful stash and have nothing that would work with it. Well, I have black, a little bit but it's not chunky and not soft like this stuff. I bought every ball the store had on the shelf too, so getting more isn't an option.... they had other colors there though so I could probably get something that would work if I make some money at the fair.
I could make it a vest, not sure how that'd look on me either, I've never worn one lol.
I'd even buy a pattern if I was sure it'd work out.
Other than that, I'm clueless. Any ideas ladies? (and gents if there are any reading!)
K, hubby just had me try it on (the shrug from hell) and his opinion is that I should take a couple stitches out of each sleeve where I sewed them up (it's stretched there a bit, but not in the arms) and finish as much of the ruffle as possible with the small bit of yarn I have left and then try it again. He says it doesn't look as bad as I think it does. So, since my hubby has never steered me wrong when it comes to clothing/fashion (he's a Libra and Libras are notorious for being very concious of how they look, including how their SO's look) if he would go out in public with me wearing it, then maybe it's not as bad as I think. So, I'll finish it and try it on with jeans and the shirt I plan to wear under it and then I'll decide. It's only a half hour's work to finish it, so I might as well.
I still would like any thoughts ya'll might have for what I can turn it into if this doesn't work out. (because if it does work out, I have a few balls of a pretty brown tweedy kinda yarn that needs to be turned into something *g*)
K, gonna get busy and see what happens.






0 comment(s):
Post a Comment
<< Home