Track referers to your site with referer.org free referrer feed.

Marvie's Crochet Corner

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Autumn baking and other stuff

First I have to share this pic... B thinks he was cold (he stayed there a good ten minutes and almost fell asleep lol)

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Goofball has been acting all sortsa weird today, yowling and fussing, darted out the door once, had several psychotic episodes where he just went bokners up the curtains, down the hall, over the computer desk etc. I can only guess it's the chilly weather that is causing all this oddness lol. Though it's been pretty darn chilly for a while now so I can't say for certain that's it. But, this is why he's named Goofball lol.

I know the weather is getting to me *g* I got the urge to bake pumpkin bread. I only make it in the cool months (though bananna bread is a year round thing!) The leaves are falling, the weather is cold (to me at least) it is now soup and punkin bread season *g* and yes, I say "punkin" it's a hold over from childhood. I had (have?) a cousin who's nickname was Punkin and I have just never been able to say pumpkin correctly lol.

This time of year also makes me start thinking of my long lost family. Probably because of the whole Punkin reference. She was my mom's brother's child and the last time I remember seeing her was sometime between when my mama was killed and my dad died (so somewhere between 11 and 14) I pretty much lost track of all my mom's family after she died. I have no clue why, was it because they didn't like my dad so couldn't be bothered to keep track of me? One aunt came after my dad died and brought me a family tree she'd worked on for years.

Punkin's dad came around up till Daddy died, he'd come and they'd play music all night long. Daddy played guitar and sang, Uncle Alfred played steel guitar and I remember Punkin had the most beautiful voice, even at her age (I think she was a couple years older than me, but she was close to my age) I can close my eyes and see them all in our living room laughing, singing and playing. I loved those times =)

Anyway, after that, I have no clue what happened to any of them. My mama has 13 brothers and sisters (some died I do know that much from having seen photos of their markers while researching my family) and those siblings all had kids, some had quite a few. My mama was a twin... you'd think at least her twin would have been interested in me, seeing me grow up or something. I have a huge family out there somedamnwhere.

Hell, I even have a couple of half brothers. They would be quite a bit older than me and I have no idea what their names are so no way to track them down either.

At least I've sort of managed to stay in touch with my dad's family. Don't know any of my cousins except one aunt's son and his kids though. I do know one of my uncles has kids, grandkids and great grandkids spread all over the western portion of the US lol. I wouldn't knoe 'em if they came up and poked me in the eye lmao.

Sometimes it bugs the hell out of me, I'd like my son to know his family, hear stories about his grandparents, great grandparents, and our family history. I can't tell him much, what little I know I honestly don't know if most of it is fact or something my tortured brain made up as a kid to get over that whole aloneness I felt after my parents were gone. Other times, I feel like screw it, if they were worth a shit, they wouldn't have gone off and left me alone in the first place (the adults at least, can't hold it against those who were kids at the time)

Gah, what a family lol. Yanno what though? I have a wonderful kid and a great hubby, awesome inlaws and an extended family through hubby. I also have some really wonderful friends, both ones that I know in person, and those of you who I haven't yet been lucky enough to meet yet. I am blessed in many ways =)

Ohhhhhh and now my punkin bread is done *g* so I am gonna get off here and go bake another batch ;) (I had to buy a big can of pumpkin so I have to bake two batches (four loaves!)) Anyone wanna guess what's fer dinner? ;)

1 comment(s):

  • mmmmmmm pumpkin bread......
    Since we've moved from hell I mean texass it has been cool it feels so good! I am wanting to get the place straightened out enough to make bread.
    *hugs* my family played music too. Sometimes I think I would have been better off not knowing some of them. heh
    It must be hard on you. *hugs*


    By Blogger Unknown, at 3:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home