My first Gray Hair!
How depressing! What's next? Chin hair???B wanted to go for a walk today, so I was in the process of putting on one of those winter headband thingies on, cuz it's a bit chilly and breezy out. As I put my glasses back on, I see this small white thing in my hair line directly above my nose... I look more closely, thinking it's dandruff as usual, but oh hell no, it's a freakin' WHITE hair. Growing out of my head. Mine. My 32 year old head. This is just wrong on so many levels. Mainly, I thought I'd never notice this particular phenomena on myownself because I color my hair all the damn time.
Oh, and of course the kiddo just had to be standing right there (as I saw it and proceeded to have a slight conniption fit.) His first words? "Don't pluck it, you'll get a whole bunch more in it's place!" closely followed by "I'm *so* telling Dad!" Lil brat rofl. I of course, informed him that this lovely hair is *all* his fault. And that each subsequent one will be too. *g*
I am SO not happy about this.
Changing the subject now, I finally made the scarf from the yarn I got from Elizabeth's Ebay store forever and ever ago. It's just gorgeous! I am thrilled with the colors.

Purty huh? I made it last night while watching TV.
Hubby already thinks I have too many scarves lol. Frankly, here, you can never have too many lol. Hats either. Which is why the shrug from hell is going to become a hat and scarf. A really long scarf and a nifty cloche to be precise. Though I haven't decided what stitch to use for the scarf yet. I think I'll make the hat first anyway, so the rest of the yarn can be used in the scarf. Maybe I'll get my stitch books soon and can play around with stitches =)
Well, I think I'm gonna go lay down for a bit, I need a little lie down after the whole white hair thing....






6 comment(s):
That scarf looks gorgeous--love the yarn!
By
Daisy, at
11:58 AM
I love that scarf Her yarns are sooo beautiful too bad hubby has forbidden any yarn purchases.... *pouts*
By
Unknown, at
12:05 PM
By
Joy, at
1:31 PM
I also have a spot in the back on the right side of my head that lost pigmentation when I was 13, but it's more pronounced now. It won't hold haircolor and when you pull it out, it's clear. Weird. I told my husband if the grays continue, I may have to start coloring my hair. He's almost totally gray now and he just turned 40.
The chin hairs will come. I have one that comes every month, teensy weensy and I tweeze it. It's black though and I never had a gray one "down there" either.
By
Deneen, at
1:40 PM
Oh...and those chin hair things? I figured it was my regular hair stuck with sticky stuff on my chin...can't truly be chin hair...of course, my husband asked me if I was going to crochet with it. That is when I reminded him that crochet hooks and knitting needles made good weapons.
Scarf is gorgeous!
By
none, at
2:11 PM
By
Tina, at
7:37 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home