Track referers to your site with referer.org free referrer feed.

Marvie's Crochet Corner

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Goodness!

Wow, here I was thinking I'd be all alone in my misery, only to discover I have joined a club or something ;) Thanks Ladies for letting me know I'm not alone lol. I can't imagine finding one "down there".... though I have to admit it was one of the first things I wondered about "will I get 'em *everywhere*???", call me silly or whatever, but I just never thought those hairs would turn lol, guess I just never thought about it before.

When huby and I were watching TV last night, I broke down and told him about it. Here's how I started...

"Oh btw honey, my whole world fell apart today"

Him: "Oh no, which crochet hook did you break?"

Me: "Well, ok it's not *that* bad.... I discovered my first gray hair today"

He told me to pluck it lol. I'm going to hold off on that though, it's nearly time to color again so I'll try that first. If the stupid thing resists the color, then it's outta there.

I just thought it was hilarious that when told my world fell apart, he immediately thought it was crochet related lol. Ummm I guess that tells me something about myself huh?

I'm getting anxious about the mail now. Any time now I should start getting packages. I have two boxes of yarn coming, and the books. Those will come individually it seems, so I'll be getting 8 packages in the mail sometime soon. I so can't wait! I really want to experiment with new stitches, I can't wait to get the 2006 CPAD and see everyone's great patterns, and the yarn of course.... I've been wanting to try the JA Sensations Boucle for ages and I ordered two balls of it. Plus the Ebay win, and the yarn for a shrug that was ordered at the craft fair.

Speaking of orders, I delivered the hat today. The lady loved it *beams* so now I just have to get with the girl who ordered the purse so I can arrange to meet her and give it to her. Then today on the bus, a lady I met last year was talking to me about wanting me to make her a purse, so she'll be coming over in the next few days to see the ones I have already made and if those aren't what she wants, we'll figure out what she's looking for and I'll make her one.

I also spoke to another woman today who works at one of the base thrift shops and she said I should consign some of the stuff I have left from the craft fair. She said the hats and such will sell like hotcakes at the thrift shop where she works... so I may take a bus ride out there tomorrow and take a look around, talk with her some more and see if she really thinks they'd sell at the prices I am asking. I can't go down on price, especially since the consignment fee is 20%. At this point it's just something I am sort of considering, I don't know if I'll end up giving it a go or not. It's a small shop, one one of the bases where I never really go... but there are a lot of folks living out there and they are on a higher pay scale than my hubby so there might be a chance of some sales. I guess if I put tags on everything that have my contact info, at the very least it'd get my name out there some more. It's actually on the same base as the site of the next craft fair, so if I got stuff over there soon, and included some info on that event, it might drum up some business.... hmmmm yeah I think I'll get out there tomorrow and check it out.

Oh.... hubby and I officially started the Fit For Life plan this week. We both keep bitching and moaning about our weight, so I took matters into my own hands, bought the book at the thrift shop (of course lol) went to the store and bought out the produce section (not really but it felt like it rofl) and we've changed how we eat. He's not impressed.... he loves his food.... and he hates giving anything up. But he's doing it. I think we've eaten more veggies this week already, than we probably have in a month lol.

I made a dish the other night that none of us were impressed with, it was Spaghetti Squash Lasagna.... sounded pretty good. I'd never had spaghetti squash before, so this sounded like the best way to give it a try (anything with the word Lasagna should be good right?) Hmmm well not so much. We all ate it, the kid said it was tolerable but hubby and I were not liking it much. It wasn't the taste, the squash itself has very little taste actually.... but the texture of it turned us both off. Frankly, it it weren't for the cheese and the sauce none of us would have eaten it at all. So, that was strike one of our new way of eating lol.

Last night we had vegetarian fried rice. I left out the meat and egg and threw in all sorts of veggies. It was good, filling, and made up for the bombing of the spaghetti squash lol.

Tonight we're having chicken... I think I'll throw some cheese and broccoli inside. Not sure what other veggies to have with it though. Salad of course, that's become a standard. But I can't just give hubby a chciken breast with broccoli and cheese and call it a meal. He needs to see a plate full of food to be satisfied, so I need another couple of veggies. Guess I should go poke around in the kitchen and see what I can come up with.

2 comment(s):

  • Well, if you put the salad on the plate, then it would look full.

    I think I've heard that part of the "growing" problem is that people like full plates, and plates have been getting bigger. So, I suppose, buying smaller plates would also help. ;)


    By Blogger noricum, at 4:23 PM  

  • Hi just wanted to let you know that Hooks on Fire will not be at www.onhooksandneedles.blogspot.com and will be known as On Hooks and Needles Thanks for reading my blog!!

    By Blogger Hunny, at 8:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home