5 Years
It doesn't seem like it, but five years ago today I got married =) Hubby had just returned from being at sea the day before. We spent the entire day of the 16th getting our license and all that jazz, then our housemate at the time and the couple who introduced us, their daughter and my son witnessed our vows. We were married by a marriage commissioner (aka Justice of the Peace in most places but this was the Commonwealth of Virginia after all) in his home (a lovely home) that evening. After, we all went to the Lonestar Steakhouse for dinner and had a great time talking and laughing. The only sad part is that not one of us remembered a camera rofl.I am a very lucky woman to have been blessed with this man. He is the light of my life. He's my best friend, my soul mate, the man of my dreams. He treats me so well, spoils me rotton to be truthful =) We've been through some pretty tight times, but even then he always manages to spoil me in some way, even if it's as simple as running a hot bath for me when I am crampy. He puts up with all my eccentricities (read: craziness!) and he loves me anyway =) He knows me better than anyone ever has. I love him dearly =)
Ok, enough mushiness *g* Now for the good stuff!
I finished a pink shrug yesterday for a girl from the craft fair. It's currently hanging in the bathroom drying. I'll be calling he today to pick it up. I really like how it turned out, and I think she will too =) I used Mrs. Who's Schematics, only I worked it in the round up the sleeve, then rows for the back etc. I did it in crossed doubles, with V stitches and crossed trebles for the ruffle and sleeve ruffles. It's made of Caron SS in light pink. No pic just yet, later when it's dry I'll snag a pic before she comes to get it.
Yesterday was a good mail day =) I got my 2006 PAD calendar! Wooooohooooooo! It's great =) I was tickled to see everyone's patterns! Several I can't wait to try =)
I also got the ebay yarn. Kinda dissapointed in that most of it is very thin yarn... fingering I guess? I never really work with thin stuff so I don't really know the difference, but this stuff is thinner than the baby yarns I have. There is some ww, but it's mostly itsy stuff. There is a lot of it though lol. I dumped it all out on the floor and sorted it by colors. There's a bunch of browns, tans and cream colors, lots of blues and a big pile of white and off-white, a whole lot of greys, some greens, some yellows and a few reds. I have no idea what I can do with so much thin yarn, but I'll figure something out lol. I have to, there's 11 pounds of the stuff!
I started a poncho for myself last night, using the blue JA Rainbow Boucle.... loving it! I worked on it while I watched the first disk of season 1 of Stargate Atlantis, which hubby brought home yesterday =) Yay! Yes, I am a Stargate freak lol. I nearly finished the poncho, probably would have but I ended up frogging 6 inches because it was increasing way too fast at the points and wasn't getting wide enough. So I frogged and added several even rows between each increase and am much happier. I wanted to wear it today when I go run errands and such, but that's not to be. Instead I'll work on it on the bus ride lol.
I also bought the green, which I haven't decided what to do with yet. Hubby thinks I should make a poncho with sleeves, we saw some in some catalogs that were quite pretty. I might have to play around with it and see if I can figure it out.
Well, guess I should get off here and start getting ready to go do my shopping and errands. Thank goodness the tummy thing only lasted a day, I actually had it pretty mildly compared to hubby. I think it was having it with cramps that made it feel so damn bad. Thanks for all the well wishes =) I'm feeling mucho better now!
Ya'll have a wonderful rest of the week =)






2 comment(s):
By
Daisy, at
12:35 PM
By
Kimberly, at
5:06 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home