Mental meltdown (Holiday related)
Edited to show a few things nocked off the list while I was babysitting last night =) If I can't manage to make all these kids/friends gifts I will just have to go out and grab them a little something. I won't be able to just not do anything for them, I wouldn't feel right. It's two families (my two best friends) who are as close to family as I really have, so I really *want* to send them something. I went through my premade items yesterday and I managed to set aside for the females (adult and kids) so now I just need to figure out two adult males and an 11 yr old boy.Ya'll can probably ignore this post lol I am just trying to organize my thoughts....
I am suddenly realizing I have a crapload of things to do for Christmas and I haven't done a thing!
Need to do:
To be shipped stateside:
Gift for 6 yr old girl - Done
Gift for 11 yr old boy
Gift for 9 yr old girl - Done
Gift for 4 yr old girl - Probably done, need to see about sizing
Four parents gifts - 2 done
Finish snowflakes (to be shipped) at least 6 more Should finish those today if I buckle down.
These are local:
Gift for another 9 yr old girl
Gift for 4 yr old boy Done!!
Gifts for 7 yr old boy (bday AND Christmas)
gift for 5 yr old boy
Gifts for a few adults Two Done!
Want to make a "B" pillow for the kiddo, have pattern, probably have yarn, do have fiberfill, just need to do it. Letter pillows would be great for all the kids, but I know I don't have time for that this year and def. dont have enough fiberfil for that many. So I'll stick that on the list for next year and order fiberfill as soon as I can, then I can make them as I need projects to work on over the next year (hey it sounds good right?!?)
Two more hats (the order for three, one is done)need to get brown yarn for one, need to get black hat from her so I can copy it
Hubby wants an afghan, doesn't need to be finished before Feb. '07 though. Problem is he wants it in SC.... *no holes* so I should start it asap if I want to finish it in time. Plan to order yarn come payday. Should find a pattern or something too. If it's gonna be in sc I'd like it to have some interest to it yanno?
For me:
Snowflakes for myself (no rush though, can be done any time)
Hat in the works to be finished and scarf to go with it (will have to wait till gifts are done)
Black mittens for myself
Socks for me, bought some pretty sock yarn in blues
So I have all this to do, it's like 15 days till Christmas and half of it needs to be shipped! Has anyone seen my brain lying around? Because I *must* have lost it at some point, otherwise I wouldn't have this freakin' list this close to the damned holiday!
On the list of things that are *done*:
42 Christmas cards written out (about half get personal notes) signed, addressed, stamped etc.
I did them ALL yesterday. Usually we print addresses out to save time writing them all, but this year we didn't think about it in time. So I hand addresssed them all. Thank goodness we had lables for the return addy rofl. Oh, and I'm too cheap to purchase self adhesive envelope cards so I hadta lick 42 freakin envelopes... BLEH. Thankfully the staps are sticky ;) I had no spit left! Normally I send out 50+ cards and I space the process out over several days and hubby assists with the envelopes at least.... but again, I had lost my brain and we needed to get them in the mail asap so I had to cram it all into one afternoon.
Crap, something else to add to the list.... stocking stuffers need to be purchased.
Also need to decide what we're gonna do for Christmas dinner. What to cook and bake (and purchase the ingredients of course)
Which reminds me, I also decided recently that I'm going to have to start baking our bread. I can't get whole wheat bread here unless I choose to pay $2+ a loaf for those lil short loaves, or I go out the gate to the German Bakery... the commissary only has enriched wheat in normal sized loaves, the bastards. I might as well use the free bread machine. It's certainly cheaper than buying it, and it sure tastes better when you make it yourself!
Gotta buckle down with school after the break (which starts next Friday) so I can make sure the boy passes to 7th grade next year lol. He's doing pretty well, but we're a bit behind on Math. Had to spend more time than I wanted to catching up to 6th grade, which puts us behind where he "should" be. I wouldn't worry, but I do plan to put him back in school next year when we move back to the states and I don't want him to be behind them. So we're gonna have to get a bit more organized or something. I'll work on that over the break.
Well, I don't feel any more mentally stable, but I need to get off here and start digging through yarn to take with me tonight (overnight babysitting gig)
If you bothered to read this ;) I hope ya'll have a great weekend!!






3 comment(s):
But it sure can be stressful to make a list and think "I decided to do all *that*???" (((hugs)))
Math was always the subject Sara finished last--she didn't have problems with it per se, but she found it more time-consuming than other subjects, so she'd usually finish up everything else in May around the time her friends got out of school, then spend an hour or an hour and a half on math in the mornings but otherwise was on vacation. Usually took a few extra weeks that way to get through the math text.
By
Daisy, at
12:38 PM
~ DAWN
By
DAWN, at
5:46 PM
Can we scream together?
By
none, at
3:03 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home