Nothing much, jsut an update ;)
Just thought I'd pop in and say hi =) I haven't got much to report on the crochet front. A few snowflakes, made a couple of shrug/hat sets for a friend's babies for Christmas (those were fun, will have to get her to take pics) made hubby and friend's hubby black hats. I think that's about it.Got my latest Joann's order =) Yarn for hats for another friend, and the RH Symphony in Redwood for me... I loooove that! I didn't expect the hint of green in it =) It's gorgeous! I'm going to make myself (yet another) hat and scarf set I think. Hubby keeps telling me I have too many and will never weasr 'em all *g* but that isn't the point! The point is to have a hat and scarf to go with whatever I happen to wear on a given winter day ;) Or to match whatever my mood is on a given day!
He ordered my nifty lap desk a few days ago, but I suspect he'll make me wrap it (heh he doesn't wrap) and wait till Christmas day to use it. Then again, everything he's gotten himself for Christmas is already in is possession or will be when it arrives, so maybe not lol.
As you can tell, we don't even try to do secret gifts, he's too hard to shop for so it's easier if he either tells me what he wants, we buy it together, or he just gets it and I say Merry Christmas. I'm not as hard to get for, as I make it clear what I like/want throughout the year but this is just how we've pretty much always done it. We're happy with our system, it works lol.
I am a bit frustrated with the kiddo though. He's bugging me to death wanting an Xbox. (which he'll be getting bc hubby got one from a friend at a good deal, but we told B no when he asked for one bc we *do* try to surprise him) I am now having second thoughts simply bc he's bugging so badly. Every freakin day he's going on and on about it. I'm feeling like he doesn't appreciate the fact that he's already got so damn much. PS2 and all those games we got him last year, which he's only had use of for the past few months) plus a computer, which is quite nice specs wise (it's better than my laptop!) with a flat screen monitor, a 25 inch TV (granted he had to buy it, but we didn't have to allow him to even have a TV) more freakin leggos and military toys than any one child should have, about a billion trading cards (which he never even looks at anymore, are those "out" now?) and pretty much whatever his little heart desires, even if he has to wait a little while till we can aford it.
Does he appreciate it? Hell no, he just wants more, better, newer shit. I honestly thought (hoped?) that after all those months of having nothing at all, maybe he'd have learned to appreciate how lucky he is. But it seems not. Right now he's pissed at me because I essentially told him everything I just typed, and told him that he can either be happy with all that he has and whatever we gift him, or by the Gods he can do without and from now on I'll just give him clothes and underwear for birthday, Christmas and Easter (which I have always treated as a small gift giving occasion since we don't really do the whole egg/candy thing)
Grrrrrrrrrrrrr. Kids.
My neighbor just brought me some sweaters she picked up for me in the states, when she asked if I wanted anything I told her to check the thrift shops for frogable sweaters lol. She also picked up some yarn to make a gift for Donna which I meant to start quite some time ago but couldn't find yarn and dumb me didn't think to order it when I was placing yarn orders. So it may be late, but it'll get there lol. Hopefully the item I have in mind will work out the way I want!
Well, I am gonna get off here now and put this stuff away and finish the things I was doing today (I dusted and made a bit of room for my holiday decos) I need to finish and then go down and dig out the holiday stuff in the basement. I'll do most of the decorating Sunday, Saturday I am going shopping with a friend to another military installation a couple of hours from here. I don't get to do that much so am really looking forward to it! They have a much bigger selection I hear =)






0 comment(s):
Post a Comment
<< Home