Reply to a comment
Stacy asked what colors I plan to make hubby's blanket.... easy answer from him "It can be pink for all I care" He honestly doesn't care lol. I, on the other hand, do care. I want this blanket to be nice since it will be on his rack (bed) and goodness knows how many people will see it lol. I'm going for something manly, probably neutral.I'd been eyeballing the homespun in Edwardian, which is a dark charcoal with a white running through it (the white is just a hint of the overall color, when you squint all you really see is the charcoal) He'd once wanted to decorate his rack in a gray/black/white theme (this was years ago, but his tastes haven't changed) so I thought that shade would be perfect.
I could go with a lighter gray, like a slate. I don't want to lean too much in that direction though, since everything is already battleship gray lol. I either want to compliment that, or go the opposite way and give him color. The Edwardian would look nice surrounded by battleship gray.
He's a Libra, so he likes light airy colors, blues mostly. I haven't run across anything that I really like in that area though. Not that I have much of a selection here rofl. I'm doing all my hunting from my laptop, and though the colors are pretty close to accurate, I just haven't seen anything airy that doesn't look feminine.
I could go with navy blue, but again, he sees that all day every day on the boat. A lighter blue for the main color with a navy trim would be nice though.
So, I guess I haven't really made a choice yet (and he won't help rofl) but I am leaning towards
Charcoal
Slate
or
Blues
Browns would be ok, but he's just not an earthy kinda guy. He'd still love it because I made it, but browns aren't his colors (they're more mine!) Same with greens. And he hates red, he says red makes him angry. (heh that's probably why he's so grumpy each and every holiday season rofl) He doesn't much care for yellows or oranges either. He's an Air sign, with a little Water thrown in... so colors that make you think of Air or Water are what he likes. Greens of the ocean would be ok, and pale yellows maybe... but again, I want something manly, not girly looking.
So, that's what I've come up with so far lol.






2 comment(s):
By
Unknown, at
7:19 AM
By
Anonymous, at
11:46 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home