Track referers to your site with referer.org free referrer feed.

Marvie's Crochet Corner

Sunday, January 01, 2006

Happy New Year!!!!

I never got around to frogging last night. I finished the body and sewed up the side seam, I got three rows of the first sleeve done... then I ran out of steam lol. So, I look at it this way, even though I will have to frog today in order to finish the sweater.... this just means that I will let nothing come between me and a FO in the coming year ;)

The fireworks last night were great =) My kiddo went outside about 11:30, when neighbors started lighting some off in the field below us, and he stayed out till about 12:45 watching the city-wide show. There were still fireworks going off when we made him come in, it didn't end till after 1 lol. He loved it, and agreed it was much better than the 4th of July =) I only stood outside for about ten minutes, that was all the cold I could take lol. It was beautiful though!

I don't have any thought provoking thoughts regarding this new year that is ahead of us, and my goal list is pretty short. I want to:

Get the boy through 6th grade (and make sure he more than passes!)

Enjoy our LAST YEAR in Germany (yay on the last year part rofl)

Go to Rome (hubby promised we'd go before we leave Europe)

Loose 20 pounds

Crochet related:
Try to be organized enough to document all my FO's this year
Design more
Get something else published maybe

and that's about it for now. I may add to the list over time, but for now, that's all I want.

I know the last half of the year will be spent getting ready for our big move home (yay!!) I'll have a lot of organizing, sorting, purging etc. to do. When we moved here, we left in Feb. but I started the process the moment we suspected we'd get the orders.... which was in October if I remember correctly. I went through every closet, drawer and hidey hole in the house and purged what I could, organized what I kept. I made a hundred or so lists too lol.

This time around we have more animals to transport, more things to organize and sort, but longer to get it all done. I think. If hubby sends us back early, I won't have as long as I am thinking. I'm sure the talks will begin soon on that stuff though. We've already determined that we'll have to buy a house when we go back, housing costs in that area have skyrocketed since we left and there is just no way we can afford to rent. We can't get into Navy housing immediately either, the waiting list is like 18 months or more and we don't get bumped up bc we're coming back from here either (which blows) and we can't even get on the list till he has orders in hand, so we definately have to have housing set up before we leave here. I'll start house hunting from the internet, but then I'll have to go back to actually see the places and areas etc. Fortunately, since I am homeschooling B, we're free to travel as needed. That means we can fly Space A (which is practically free, but you never know for sure if/when you'll get to fly so you really have to be flexible) to go back whenever and however often we need to.

I'm also thinking I will probably need to go to work as soon as possible when we get back. Hubby always told me that he didn't want me to work unless *I* wanted too, and that if I did work, my paychecks would be my play money, that he wouldn't let me work to pay bills... but we may have to change that with the cost of living back there. B is old enough and is capable of taking care of himself for short time frames, so I'd be free to work whatever hours I could get and not have to pay a sitter or day care whenever hubby is out to sea etc. It's a rather scary thought to me, going back to work. I haven't worked in 6 years. I have no skills that would enable me to get a good paying job. We're talking retail or waitressing here. I'd rather not waitress to be honest. I don't think I could hack it anymore. Frankly, I wonder if my back can handle any sort of job. I can't lift or carry much weight, being on my feet for just a few hours causes pain.... though I can always take stuff for pain and I might get used to it after doing it for a while, maybe the pain would go away. Maybe I'm worrying too soon. If we find a house and can get a low enough payment, I can budget pretty well so maybe it wouldn't be absolutely necessary. I could also always go back to child care. Good providers are always in high demand. If we got a decent sized house and a fenced yard..... well we'll see how things go when the time comes.

Guess I am feeling contemplative anyway lol. Or just anxious to start the moving process rofl.

K, shutting up and getting off here now lol. I have a sweater to finish!

May you all have a wonderful 2006!!

3 comment(s):

  • http://www.realtytrac.com/pub/landing/optimized_d.asp?a=b try there it's where we found our rental house. At least it would be a start.
    (and yes, you do have to pay to get the address info but you can look and look for free. We found it was worth paying (and it was cheap anyway)once we found "the house".


    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:49 AM  

  • Happy New Year, Marvie!! I admire your list of goals and they all are very doable. I think you will be fine back in the states (you will find something right up your ally as far as making an income--hey, crochet don't pay to badly). Just enjoy your last year in Germany; you'll never be there again, probably. Soak it all in and the rest will take care of itself!! {{hugs}} to my first secret pal!
    ~ DAWN


    By Blogger DAWN, at 8:56 AM  

  • Happy New Year! May the new year bring you much happiness, much more yarn (one may never have too much), and a successful move back to the States!

    By Blogger Tiffany, at 5:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home