Bitter Cold
The sun is shining brightly, the sky is all blue and pretty... you might think that the temperature would be somewhat tolerable. Then you step outside and discover that it is SixTEEN degrees out there! WTF? Hello, the SUN is out, shouldn't it be warm(er?) Apparently not in my world. How do people live entire lives in places where these temperatures are the norm??? I just couldn't do it! Hubby needs to go to the other base today to return some movies he rented and I'm supposed to go with so I can spend my gift certificate to the Gussy Goose.... I'm having second thoughts now! Granted, I have fleece lined jeans, thermal underwear and a very warm hat and scarf and mittens that matches my coat beautifully.... but I'm thinkin' that might not be enough!It might not be quite so bad if we got in a car, drove where we needed to go, parked and walked right inside. That's not how it goes though. We walk a half a mile to catch the shuttle bus, ride that for 40 minutes, get off at the other base, walk another half mile or so to get to the craft store, walk most of the way back stop and check our mail, go across the street to return the movies, probably walk over to the next block to go to the base store that sells electronics, and hopefully by then the bus has returned (it's an hour and a half or longer between busses) so we can then ride home and walk another half mile to the house. That's a grand total of about 3 hours, give or take a few minutes, spent walking around in and out of stores in SIXTEEN degree weather. That's 16 degrees F btw, not C which would be so much warmer!
Yes, I am obsessed over the temperature lol. Remember ya'll, I grew up 30 minutes from Houston (where it was sunny and 75 degrees two days ago when I talked to a friend there) I also spent four years living in the desert where temps hovered in the *hundreds* and frankly, I don't remember seeing very many times in my whole life when the temp was this low *during the day* Granted it might have gotten that low overnight but it's never stayed there!
Me and cold do not get along lol
Update on the sweater.... I'm about halfway through the body. I would be all the way through, but I had to frog the whole thing once, and several inches another time, which was very frustrating, but in the long run a good thing. The first time I frogged because I didn't see earlier that things were not even and straight along the edges, and it was waaaaaaay too big. Too big would be fine, but I was afraid I'd run out of yarn. I'm glad I restarted it, because it started out going about halfway across my body, after crocheting all the frogged yarn, it went all the way across to the point where I would have started the armhole shaping. That's when I noticed another major boo-boo and had to frog back to the neckline again, so about half of what I'd just done got frogged. I eventually managed to use up all the frogged yarn before bed though (which wasn't till 3am) and am now back to the armhole shaping.
So, half a sweater finished so far. I'm feeling pretty good about how much yarn I have used, it just *might* stretch. I'll reserve my thoughts a bit longer though, I'm no good at looking at things and judging size, distance, weight, etc. I might take the ball and stick it on my scale and see how much I've used.
Well, I guess I should get off here and get myself awake, looks like we'll be heading out to brave the frigid temps in a while lol. I need to go dig out my wool termal undies!
Ya'll stay warm!






3 comment(s):
Good luck with the sweater, clothing can be tricky. :)
By
Anonymous, at
11:56 AM
By
Daisy, at
1:14 PM
By
noricum, at
6:57 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home