Track referers to your site with referer.org free referrer feed.

Marvie's Crochet Corner

Saturday, December 31, 2005

42 Degrees

After all my whining about the cold yesterday, today it got up to 42 degrees lol. I tell ya what though, it sure felt warm! 42 might still be pretty chilly, but immediately following 16 degrees it felt like 60! I doubt this warm spell will last though. We haven't even hit our coldest part of winter yet. I dread the next two or three months lol.

I did end up going with hubby yesterday. I dressed as warmly as possible, wool thermies under fleece jeans, sweater under another wool cardi under my coat, scarf, hat, mittens and my Sketchers with the fake sheerling lining. I was downright hot inside the stores, but I was almost warm when we were walking around outdoors lol.

I used every penny of my gift certificate lol. After much internal debate, I finally settled on four skeins of Homespun in Grape and four skeins of Color Waves in Mai Tai. I'm not 100% sure what I will turn them into yet. I could make another sweater, the colors look very nice together. I could make a blanket out of them. I could turn them into a couple of gifts for upcoming bdays or next Christmas (how cool would that be, I'd feel so on top of things!) I just don't know yet lol.

The sweater I'm working on is getting close to complete. I just have a few more inches left of the body, then I can start the sleeves. I am going to run out of yarn before I finish though. My solution? I'm gonna frog the blue poncho I made a while back. I just don't have the patience to wait long enough for another order to arrive, that'd be two weeks from now before the sweater would be finished, and I know me. If I set it aside I won't pick it back up. So, the poncho goes bye-bye. I'll take a pic before I frog it though, I seem to recall promising a pic of it ages ago *g* I plan to frog it tonight. I want to finish this sweater tomorrow at the latest.

Why so anxious? Well, they say that however you spend the first day of the year is ohw you will spend the rest of the year. So, logically, if I finish a project tomorrow that means lots of FO's over the next year right? So, that means frogging has to happen tonight. I do not want to spend the next year frogging things! (I also don't want to clean tomorrow *g*) I'll finish my sweater, eat healthy foods, spend time with my family, and whatever other pleasant things come to mind =) Nothing that isn't fun and happy though!

I'm looking forward to the fireworks tonight. Last year they were amazing! The entire city lit them off, so no matter which direction you looked, you saw them =) It went on for an hour (maybe more) too! I'll let the kiddo stay up so he can see them this year. Last year he went to bed by 10:30 (his choice) and I didn't know it would go on so long so I didn't get him up to see.

Well, I am going to get off here now and get back to the sweater. Hubby's taking a nap so I can't get to the poncho at the moment, but I can spend this time finishing the body and frog after he wakes up.

Happy New Year to you all!

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home