Sleeves are hard!
This sweater is kicking my ass... Well, to be fair, it's my own fault. I screwed up when I made the arm holes and they are way too big, so now the sleeve is freakin huge. It's 16 inches around! I've tried several different things in an attempt to make it work, but nothing is doing the trick. It all boils down to those extra rows in the arm holes. I came close to fixing it by stopping when the sleeve was just right to go round my arm, then working some short rows to fill in at the armpit, but once it was done and I tried it on there was still a big bulky uncomfortable *thing* in my armpit. So I just went back and did it like I origianlly intended too and I still have the *thing* along with these huge kimono like sleeves, which is not the look I was shooting for. Oh yeah, and the fkn things are too short too. I thought about adding some sort of ruffly bit around the wrist, might make it look like it's meant to be so wide, but ruffles just don't seem to suit this sweater. It's just a big square comfy (well supposed to be anyway) sweater for wearing around the house, ruffles'd get in the way.So, I've folded it up and set it on the table with it's one completed sleeve and I'm going to let it stew for a while. I think I'm going to have to work this up in a RH or something that holds up to lotsa frogging while I figure out this issue. I've already frogged this poor sweater a couple of times and the sleeve... well let''s just not even try to count how many sleeves I've made rofl. I can probably get one more frogging out of it before I have to give the yarn up as a lost cause lol. So if I work this out with plain yarn, take careful notes (and stic to 'em this time!) I can still have this sweater.
The problem is that I deviated from the pattern I worked out using the mini prototype. I changed the arm opening, and I didn't take the time to check out my bright idea first, I just trucked ahead like I knew what I was doing. Heh. Lesson learned ;)
So anyone who's anxious to see this sweater finished best not be holding their breath for it lol. I have to start holding classes again tomorrow so my crochet time is getting cut way back again. It sure was nice the past two weeks though! But, we're halfway through the school year already! Or nearly so at least.
Welp, I should probably go feed my guys, I just noticed it's already 6:00... I spent 8 freakin' hours on that sleeve issue! yikes! Thank goodness I have a loving patient hubby who understands me so well =)






0 comment(s):
Post a Comment
<< Home