Getting closer
On the sweater that is lol. My neighbor was over today and I showed her the problem, she helped me pin up the sleeves and I went ahead with the second sleeve, basically crocheting the shape of the first one after the pinning process. I did end up having to do some odd modifications that I am not sure how I'll replicate on the other sleeve though. After I'd crocheted it all up, I realized there was still an odd spot, and I didn't want to frog the entire sleeve, so I frogged a bit on the one side, and made the adjustment, then I flipped it over and *picked* apart several (short) rows on the other side and did some creative sewing (darning?) and filled in the hole I'd made. I have NO clue how this will hold up once washed, but I'm hoping it'll be ok rofl. I just absolutely was *not* going to frog all that work yet again, so I went with what I thought would work. If I had any knitting skills I probably could have stuck those picked apart stitches on needles and knitted the hole closed, but I have no knitting skills, so I poked the yarn needle through them and pulled some yarn through, leaving a long tail that I later wove in, and proceeded to sew in some crochet-ish stitches and wove another really long tail. You can't look and see where I did all this, so if it holds up in the wash I'll be tickled lol.I do think I can do the other sleeve and not have to go through all that mess again. I *hope* so anyway lol. I'll let ya'll know tomorrow or the day after. At which point I should have a completed sweater and some pictures to show *crossing fingers*
I finally got my 99 Snowflakes book ordered from the Leisure Arts website. There was an issue with my first order, I made a call tonight though and got it straightened out. I'm happy that they are so careful though, it makes me feel safer about using them again. They caught something that Joann's system didn't catch. A little thing, but enough that I feel good that it was caught.
The guy I spoke with did say that they are having to hunt down some stock, it seems this book has suddenly become *very* popular lol. I laughed and said yep, it sure has. But as soon as they find it, it'll be on it's way to me. I guess I'm gonna have to be patient. *sigh* I am not a patient person yanno.
Which reminds me, I *still* haven't gotten my lapdesk or the other gift hubby ordered me for Christmas. Though he did say that he talked to a guy at our post office and that they still had two trucks to unload, so maybe tomorrow. My first Joann's order should be in any day now too. This should be a good mail week lol. Two gifts still to come, and three yarn orders. Then it shouldn't be too long till my Jimbo hooks arrive. Yay me!
Well, it's after 1AM, so I should get off here and get my butt to bed. I got kinda used to staying up till 2 or 3AM and sleeping in for the past couple of weeks. It's hard to get back on track lol.
Night night =)






1 comment(s):
Hey, I just bought 99 Snowflakes too. I am so excited! This is my first CAL.
By
LadyLinoleum, at
7:11 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home