I'm alive!
Sorry about going AWOL on ya'll. I haven't been doing much so there wasn't much to update on lol. I was planning to blog today, and when I checked my email I had a note from Kari checking in with me, which is when I realized how long it'd actually been since I'd posted. Thanks for noticing ya'll =) I feel loved =)So, on the red sweater front... I finally picked it up again over the weekend. I had to let it rest a while after that last frogging incident. I finished the body, and wove the ends. Now I just need to make and attach the sleeves, find some buttons for it, and it'll be done. I'll post a pic as soon as the sleeves are on, if I wait for buttons ya'll may never see it rofl.
I should get to those sleeves soon. Hubby had to go away for a couple of weeks for a classs, so I'm going to have more than enough time on my hands for a while.
He took my lovely laptop with him though, which means I am currently using one of his computers. It's weird. The keyboard takes a lot more work to use, the mouse is in the wrong place (I got used to using my thigh as a mousepad, so having it on the desk is odd) and none of my bookmarks are on here. Not to mention none of my logins are automatically done, so I am having to remember what info to use where. The monitor is freakin' huge too lol. I nearly jumped out of the chair when I logged into bloglines and saw a whole blog post without a scrollbar. I'd forgotten how big the monitor is. I'll adjust to all of this though. In the meantime, there may be some typos due to my nails skating on the kb and the fact that I have to actually put pressure (a lot of pressure) on the keys to make letters actually apear on the screen. Please bear with me as I adjust lol.
I was smart though and I put all the important stuff from the laptop onto a portable hard drive. If by some freak chance anything happens to my baby while he's got her, I will still have all my patterns, pictures and music. The music was a last minute addition. There was just enough disk sapce left, and I have hours and hours of work in those MP3's, over 2,000 songs that would take forever to replace. Plus, I've been meaning to make myself some cd's but the laptop's sound blows, so I haven't taken the time to create the mixes I wanted. Now I can throw stuff into a playlist, listen to it on here with good speakers, and get just what I want before I burn.
I got one of my orders from Herrschners. Not the gift certificate order though. Did I ever tell ya'll that I finally called about that? The order hadn't gone through, so the lady I talked to personally carried the order to whoever she had to get it to, with me on the phone. She claimed they'd put a priority mail sticker oon it and get it right out.... that was a week ago, more actually. Still nuttin' on that. I did get the soft yummy cotton angora yarn though. Oh damn, I gotta see if this puter has the stuff for pics... ya'll might be SOL on pics till I get my baby back!
I'm not positive what the cotton angora will become, but I am thinking probably a spring top. I got ten balls, hopefully I can make a nice sleeveless top with it. It's a nice pale shadeof blue. I like it =)
Oh! I would like some opinions. I'm thinking about getting a major hair change. Drastic. Right now, it is long (bra strap) with long layers that, when styled, frame my face. With a deep reddish brown color. I'm thinking of going short. I wear it up all the timee anyway. Plus, I'm thinking the weight might be contributing to my nightly headaches. Either that or I need new glasses, but I hope it's not that cuz I don't want to have to replace these till we get home. So anyway, I'm considering going way short. After lots of research yesterday, I am still unable to decide what facial shape I have. I tried outlining my face in the mirror, but I sucked at that. My friend S and I pretty much decided it's somewhere between heart shaped and round. Then there's the whole short neck and double chin thing I have going on. So, do you think I can get away with a short cut? S thinks I should go with a high stacked bob, with the front/sides at about my jawline.
Something kinda like these:



Hubby thinks I should change the color too, which I was already considering. I tend to go lighter for warm weather months anyway. He thinks I should go for something close to my natural color (not like I have a clue what *that* is rofl) I think it's a sort of dishwater/strawberry blonde. So I was thinking of going with a light brown, not quite blonde but close, with highlights. Or maybe high and low... not sure.
What do ya'll think? Can I pull it off? Here's a recent pic of me, crappy, but shows my usual daily look rofl flaws and all. (click to see bigger if you're brave enough)

If I do this, I'll be going next week (payday) I'd go now, but if I want to do the color I need to wait for more money to be available lol.
K, well, guess I should go do the teacher thing. Hope ya'll have a great week!






3 comment(s):
By
ThreeOliveMartini, at
11:32 AM
Of those three I think that the third one looks prettiest, but would it be all in your eyes and annoy you?
Ever since I got brave enough to cut my hair shorter than shoulder length I'm all about the short hair. It's *so* much easier to take care of. I have this sorta layered bob thing going on these days that starts out about halfway between chin & shoulders and then I let it grow until I start looking like a sheepdog and get it chopped off again :->
I have this overwhelming urge to dye my hair lately (reddish-brown, which is about as far as I can go without stripping it since my hair's pretty dark) but I'm trying to resist because it would be a home thing and I am scared to death that I'll screw it up (I've never done it by myself before)...
By
Daisy, at
12:09 PM
By
Unknown, at
12:07 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home