Track referers to your site with referer.org free referrer feed.

Marvie's Crochet Corner

Friday, January 27, 2006

Keep a safe distance folks

because I am sick. I tried willing it away. I guess my will wasn't strong enough. It started out as a simple sore throat, then the head cold stuff kicked in and my nose turned into a water faucet. I've gone through about 4,000 tissues so far and no end in sight. Then last night, as I sat here reading (a *book*!) I felt the crud start moving into my chest. Hard to describe, but I knew exactly what it was. I was right, woke up this morning with the start of a nasty cough. So, not only am I contending with this nasal/head thing, now I'm gonna get bronchitis (sp?) too. I used to get strep throat and bronchitis every year, right about this time. It's been a couple of years though, so I thought the trend had just faded away. Guess I was wrong. It was just on vacation or something.

So what have I been doing these past few days? Not much of anything. I made chicken and dumplin's the other day, which was very smart of me because those always last a few days (I use a huge pot, just not capable of making a normal sized batch) so I haven't had to cook since. We'll be having them again tonight too.

I did start the sweater. I got as far as the first shoulder before I set it down, haven't touched it since though. Maybe today. I'm anxious to finish it, really I am. It's going to be a cardigan type sweater. That's all I am going to say about it right now though, I want it to be a surprise ;)

I did make my snowflakes this week. I also restarched a few of the others. I finally found liquid starch and boy it sure works better than spray starch! I promise a picture as soon as I am feeling up to it.

I also read two books. Yes, two. My Christmas presents from hubby =) That's why I was up at 2AM to feel the cold settle into my chest. I was finishing book number two. I haven't read a book in months. I've missed it. I really love to read, and re-read too. I just haven't figured out how to do that while crocheting. It's been suggested that I try books on tape, but I hesitate. See, I can't pay attention when someone reads aloud to me. I just can't follow it. My brain isn't engaged if my eyes aren't seeing the words. It kinda sucks. I think part of it too, is that I don't just love the story, I love having a book in my hands. Snuggling up on the couch with pillows, a blanket and a good book. Turning the pages, feeling the weight of the book. It's all part of the experience for me.

But, I've read the two good books that were waiting for me, so now I can get back to my trusty hook and the red sweater. I should see if I can find a ride to the store today so I can pick up some cough stuff, and we're about out of milk too. I'm set for tissues though, my friend S brought me a box yesterday, and hubby came home with a 3-pack rofl.

I found out last night that hubby is going away for a while. He's got to go to some school/class thing. He tried his best to get out of it, but turns out he's gotta go. He'll be gone for a couple of weeks. Might get to come home on the weekends, but he's riding up with an officer from his ofice so he doesn't know what the plan is. He's gonna be gone for Valentine's Day. Which is also our other anniversary, marking our 2nd full year here in Germany (which really means, just one more left and that's what we're celebrating lol) He's not all that happy about having to go. But, I guess there's nothing he can do but go and learn whatever it is they want him to learn.

Speaking of learning, today is a day off school, which means I really can just sit and stitch to my hearts content =) I think I'm gonna get off here and get to it *g* I should be able to make some decent progress with a whole day ahead of me =)

Here's hoping no one else gets my germs.....

2 comment(s):

  • Please keep your germs in your country and do not spread them across the borders!! *grin*

    I hope that you are feeling better soon!!

    *hugs*
    Kimberly


    By Blogger Kimberly, at 10:40 AM  

  • I used to get strep all the time, it's a bummer. So is brochitis! I hope your feeling better soon and that your cold doesn't get any worse. :)
    Reading is such a pleasure, isn't it? I'm always reading when I should be doing something else!


    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home