Happy Birthday to me!
33 years ago, at 5:06 PM (Central time) in a teensy little town in Texas, near the Gulf Coast I made my appearance in this big old world. Which, when you take time zones into consideration, actually mean my bday doesn't start till midnight where I am.... but let's not get too technical ok? ;)I woke up this morning wondering how long my mother was in labor with me. I don't know *why* I woke with that wandering around in my head, I just did lol. Unfortunately, I have no one to ask, so it will remain a mystery to me lol. I wonder if it was a long awful labor though. I know my first one was 18 hours, the second not much shorter, and the third was something like 10 hours.
I also wonder if I was on time, early or late in my arrival? Mine were all late lol. But I rather think I might have been early. I'm just guessing of course, but I have always been the type of person who shows up early to work, for appointments etc. I'm always early. I've tried to be late, but I just end up being on time rofl. I can't seem to help it. It even bothers me when hubby and I are getting ready to go somewhere (when time is a factor) and I have to wait for him. I don't mean annoyed kind of bothered, just bothered... anxious I guess. He's never late, we never missed the bus or anything, but I get just a teensy bit stresed. I leave the house at 20 after to catch the bus when I go to the other base...... the bus arrives at 40 minutes after the hour (if it's not late), it takes about five minutes to walk from here to the bus stop. So I hang out for 15 minutes or so. I can not help it. So, I think I must have been an early baby.
Yeah, I'm feeling all curious and stuff. More concerned about my birth than the fact that I am turning *33* years old today. Yuk. Oh, wait, I forgot, I stopped aging 5 years ago, so I'm still 27 ;) Someone forgot to tell my body that though rofl. I may be 33 years old, but my body thinks I'm twice that! I swear, by the time I am in my old age, I'll be riding around in one of those motorized carts. You know the ones, you see the comercials on TV for 'em (I guess they still have commercials for them, I haven't seen commercials in two years rofl) The little old lady/man with the grandkids running amok, grandma/pa smiling and laughing as they ride around on their little motorized cart thingy. It sure *looks* more fun and comfortable than a wheelchair ;)
Oh, you want to hear about crochet stuff? Not my boring chatter about birth and old age? ;) OK then....
I got one snowflake crocheted this week, did it Saturday night while hubby was one his twice yearly watch (meaning he had to go wander about keeping the base secure and safe) I haven't taken a picture of it yet though, nor blocked it. I did make it though!
I whipped up a little cardi for a friend's daughter. Again, no pic just yet, be patient, I'll get to it! I made it in Homespun, and used a pattern (ummm sort of) from CPC. Ok, well I read the pattern, but I changed the yarn, the hook size, then changed the stitch count, then changed the stitch completely. I did use the general shape of the design and I did use the edging from the pattern *g*
I'm now trying to design a grown up cardi/jacket kinda thing. My friend and I are collaborating on it. We have a sketch, we have a picture in our heads of exactly what we want.... now we're trying to figure out just how to get there lol. *If* we can get an actual pattern worked up.... and no promises at this point, because she doesn't write down what she does, and I only write down about half of what I do. The half I tend not to write down is usually the part I really should write down, the parts where I tend to go outside the box and make shit up as I go just to make something work. (like the sleeves for the blue sweater) I promise to really try to get this one written up though! If it turns out like we envision it, it'll be a great sweater *g*
I'm going to try to do this so it can be crocheted to measurements rather than specific sizes. I like patterns that give me the option for different hooks, yarn and the ability to configure it for my own personal shaping needs, so I am trying to work up patterns like that.
One of these days I'll figure out what I did on the sleeves of the blue sweater, or else I'll rework it in a simpler manner, and when I do, I promise to share the pattern =) Looking at the pictures my friend just sent me, it needs a lot of modification before it's ready for public consumption. (I don't have a full length mirror so the pics are the first indication I've had of how it really looks on rofl) I'm happy with it as a bum-around-the-house sweater though. It's warm, (VERY warm) comfy, it covers my flab (even if it does nothing to make me look smaller lol)


Changes I'd make would include:
Less bulk, I could remove several inches and it'd still fit even me. Right now, it has this thing going on at the front that sorta makes it look like a maternity top (which is less than flattering when yer not pregnant!)
Wider shoulder area, the weight of the sleeves drags the shoulder down, I had to go back in and add some stitches at the shoulder to try to make it stay up (it was not meant as an off the shoulder top!)
Easier sleeves.
Well, I am gonna get off here..... OH! But first let me tell ya'll about the pizza I made last night for dinner! I used my bread machine to make the dough, which was made with wheat and bread flour and I tossed in some Basil and Oregano, Garlic, salt n pepper, then I tried something my friend recomended. Instead of pizza sauce I used plain yogurt, topped it with mozerella and some fresh sliced tomatos. Can we say YUMMMMMMMMMM! It was so damn good! I made the kiddo's pizza normally and he really liked it, even the wheat crust. I'm not sure hubby was impressed, he didn't say anything after he ate it, but he wasn't impressed with the tomatoes and I heard him mumble something about the wheat crust. I really really liked it though, and I am a very picky eater, so I think ya'll should give it a try sometime, the yogurt and the cheese blended together just right, and the tomatoes on top were just the perfect addition =)
K, done raving over the food, gonna go play with this sweater design some more now =)
Hope ya'll have a great day!!!






7 comment(s):
I think the sweater looks great!
By
Anonymous, at
10:21 AM
By
Anonymous, at
10:21 AM
By
noricum, at
10:28 AM
good job ! ... it doesnt look as bulky or as bad as you think .. we are our own worst critics..
i think it looks great..
By
ThreeOliveMartini, at
11:10 AM
By
Unknown, at
11:14 AM
By
David, at
12:46 PM
That sweater is awesome. It looks great on you!
By
Daisy, at
1:29 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home