Just another day...
Mornin' folksI finished the prototype sweater, finished working up the pattern notes into a pattern I can use to create the actual sweater with the red boucle, took accurate measurements, and I'm now ready to get started. Hopefully I can get hot on it and get it finished in a reasonable amount of time.
I haven't been hooking much lately. I've been cooking a lot, watching tv at night, hanging out with my friend S during the day, but not so much hooking. I haven't even done this week's snowflakes yet. I do plan to do them today though. Before I start the sweater lol.
I think I'm coming down with something. I managed to get through all last winter without even a cold, and had hoped to do the same this year.... but I've had a sore throat for the past 24 hours. Last night I got all achey, to include a killer headache. I went to bed at 11PM, which is very early for me. I'm drinking lots of liquids, hot tea is so good when your throat hurts lol. So far, no fever or anything to go along with it, so maybe I'll get of easy. I've had a very slight cough too, but it's more of a clear your throat kinda cough than an "I'm sick to Death" cough. I think I'll have hubby pick up some sick people supplies though. I recently had to toss all our cold meds bc they were well past the exp. dates. Time to re-supply I guess.
Last night I made Beef Stew. I simmered some stew meat for a good long while with some stuff from the spice cabinet. Don't ask me what bc I don't follow recipes for things like that. I just toss in whatever falls out of the cabinet lol. I have certain things I put in everything.... garlic powder, fresh ground pepper, bay leaves (in soups and such) onion flakes.... from there I just throw in whatever looks like it wants to be in my soup/stew. Then later I tossed in a bag of mixed veggies. A little while later I threw in some red lentils. Finally, I thickened it with cornstarch. Turned out pretty well. Just what I needed on a freezing cold day with a sore throat =)
I also made cinnamon raisin bread yesterday. Yumm. gonna toast some in a few for breakfast.
Made doughnuts the day before. Those were *very* good. Light and fluffy, glazed, and oh so good lol.
I think today I will make bread bowls for tonights leftover soup. I'm not talking about crust shaped over a bowl though. I mean round loaves of bread with the guts mostly pulled out (which I can turn into bread crumbs) and filled with piping hot stew. Sounds good huh? Guess I should get going on that pretty soon. It'll probably take two batches at least, and each batch takes an hour in the machine, plus rising time and baking time. I can probably wait till noon to start.
Did I tell ya'll I made tortillas the other night? That was fun, and Oh.My.Gods. they were yummy! I used em in chicken enchiladas. I'm going to make another batch soon. I'm thinking it's about time to have fajitas again =)
Well, I'm gonna get off here. Gotta do some schoolin' before I start baking and hooking. Hope ya'll have a great day!






3 comment(s):
I am sorry you are getting sick. I hope it passes quickly. If you can get Airborne in your area, I highly suggest it.
Is the prototype you are working on similar to the blue boucle sweater you recently made? I have some black boucle that I was going to make into a shawl...however, I turned into a crochet idiot and could not see my stitches well enough to see if I was getting the pattern. So, I frogged it about 10 times and then gave up. I think I like the idea of making it into a sweater, better.
I grew up on homemade stew, but have never made it. Hmmmm...I think I might be making some stew tomorrow, just because.
By
none, at
4:26 AM
By
Kimberly, at
7:10 AM
I can't wait to see your sweater design!
By
Tiffany, at
10:13 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home