Damn Cat
My very large cat (that'd be Tigger) has suddenly decided to start waking me up every morning at awful hours. The past three mornings he's jumped up on me and settled in on top of my blanket. This wouldn't be bothersome with a normal sized cat. He's a freakin' giant though, he weighs a ton and he lays on top of the down filled blanket, thereby trapping all the heat I have accumulated overnight. Between the weight, the heat already present and the heat he produces and the fact that I.Can.NOT.Move. tends to cause me to be uncomfortable, hence the early waking. Once I open my eyes and see daylight, I'm up. Doesn't matter how tired I am, can't go back to sleep. (Oh, and the damn cat? He gets my spot, sleeps for a while, and now he's galloping around the house like a maniac!) So, I've been up for a while. Read all the updated blogs. Now I'm bored. So, ya'll get my babblings (and a couple of memes) till I feel functional enough to do something else.I haven't gotten anywhere on the sweater in the past couple of days. I'm being smart and working it up first in plain yarn, so I can frog and make changes as needed without messing up my pretty yarn. I am also writing everything down as I go this time ;) I have a word doc.... Figured it'd be easier to delete lines and retype than to go back and try to figure out the scratched out/oops that really did work now I have to rewrite it stuff from my last pattern writing attempt. That one is a mess! But, as I said, haven't gotten very far. I'm at the point where I need to pay attention (shaping stuff) and the past couple of days haven't been conducive to that. Today I should be able to get somewhere though.
Kiddo is spending the entire weekend at a friend's house. He left yesterday afternoon and won't be home till dark tomorrow. No distractions! Well, hubby is home, but he'll put on some music and mess with his puters.
Tomorrow my friend and I are going downtown, we're taking another lady we recently met too. She's just arrived here, she knits and crochets (she knits more though, I think) and she wants to know where to buy yarn *g* soooo we're all taking a Mommy Mental Health Day. They need it as much as I do, my friend has two young boys and the other lady has FIVE boys.... Yes five. So, all the boys are staying with dad(s) (except mine of course since he's off partying rofl) and the moms are goin' shopping!
Hubby's giving me money for my bday so I'll have spending money tomorrow. I think I'm going to hunt for some nice sweater yarn. Yes, I am on a sweater kick lol. Once I finish this one I want to make another. I've always loved sweaters anyway =) I think I want something in green. Not sure what shade(s), that'll depend on what I can find I guess. The really cool thing about the yarns they sell in the store I like best, the labels all have little pictures of socks and sweaters and it tells you how much (on average) you'd need of this yarn to make a sweater. I'll have to buy somewhat more than it recommends since I'll be crocheting rather than knitting, but still, it's a pretty nifty feature. Takes some of the guesswork out of it.
Depending on how much I spend on that, I'll just add to my stash. After I went through all my yarns and organized them a bit recently, I discovered something interesting. I have a *lot* of purple and blue yarns. I have a little bit of yellows. I've stocked up on black. Those are pretty much the colors I have. I have some other colors in small amounts, scraps really. But blue and purple and black seem to make up the majority of my stash at the moment. I need to remedy that. I need greens, reds, pinks, browns..... I need *options* people! I do still have some baby stuff too, a lil bit of peach, some pink, blue and some variegated, a lil bit of pale yellow and some white. I don't really use baby yarn though. I don't know people with babies! All my friends are through having babies. But, I have it if I ever need it to fill an order I guess. Though, knowing my luck I wouldn't have what I'd need so I'd have to order anyway rofl. Such is life.
Oh! I've been using these hooks lately, got 'em with my gift card to replace my yukky crystalites.... And I have to say I really like them! I'm using the P on the sweater prototype and I really am happy with it. So anyone out there who doesn't like Crystalites, you might want to give these a try. (I got the J-P set, haven't tried the smaller ones) They don't squeak or snag the yarn like the crystalites, they don't split the yarn (I'm working with RH SS right now) and they're comfortable to hold (I use a knife grip but when I held it using pencil it was still comfortable) So give 'em a try =)
K, now for the Memes.
Stole this one from Lynlee
Evil Yes or No Meme
Answer ONLY yes or no.
Made out with a member of the same sex?
Yes.
Drove a car?
Yes.
Danced in front of your mirror?
Yes.
Been dumped?
Yes.
Stole money from a friend?
No.
Gotten in a car with people you just met?
Yes.
Been in a fist fight?
No.
Snuck out of your house?
Yes.
Had feelings for someone who didn't have them back?
Yes.
Been arrested?
Yes.
Made out with a stranger?
Yes.
Left your house with out telling your parents?
Yes.
Had a crush on your neighbor?
Yes.
Ditched school to do something more fun?
Yes.
Slept in a bed with a member of the same sex?
Yes.
Seen someone die?
Yes.
Been on a plane?
Yes.
Kissed a picture?
Yes.
Slept in until 3? ...or later?
Yes.
Love someone or miss someone right now?
Yes.
Laid on your back and watched cloud shapes go by?
Yes.
Made a snow angel?
Yes.
Played dress up?
Yes.
Cheated while playing a game?
No.
Been lonely?
Yes.
Fallen asleep at work/school?
Yes.
Felt an earthquake?
No.
Touched a snake?
Yes.
Ran a red light?
Yes.
Been suspended from school?
Yes.
Had detention?
Yes.
Been in a car accident?
Yes.
Hated the way you look?
Yes.
Witnessed a crime?
Yes.
Been lost?
Yes.
Been to the opposite side of the country?
Yes.
Felt like dying?
Yes.
Cried yourself to sleep?
Yes.
Sang karaoke?
No.
Done something you told yourself you wouldn't?
Yes.
Laughed till some kind of beverage came out of your nose?
Yes.
Caught a snowflake on your tongue?
Yes.
Kissed in the rain?
Yes.
Sing in the shower?
No.
Had a dream that you married someone?
Yes.
Glued your hand to something?
Yes.
Got your tongue stuck to a flag pole?
No.
Ever gone to school partially naked?
No.
Sat on a roof top?
Yes.
Ever been too scared to watch scary movies alone?
Yes.
Been pushed into a pool with all your clothes on?
No.
Been told you're hot by a complete stranger?
Yes.
Broken a bone?
No.
Been easily amused?
Yes.
Laugh so hard you cry?
Yes.
Cheated on a test?
Yes.
Forgotten someone's name?
Yes.
Blacked out from drinking?
Yes.
Played a prank on someone?
Yes.
Gone to a late night movie?
Yes.
Made love to anything not human?
No.
Choked on something you're not supposed to eat?
Yes.
Played an instrument for more than 10 hours?
No.
Cheated on a girl/boyfriend?
Yes.
Did you celebrate the 4th of July?
No.
Thrown strange objects?
Yes.
Felt like killing someone?
No.
Thought about running away?
Yes.
Ran away?
Yes.
Did drugs?
Yes.
Had detention and not attend it?
Yes.
Made parent cry?
Yes.
Cried over someone?
Yes.
Owned more than 5 sharpies?
No.
Own an instrument?
Yes.
Been in a band?
Yes.
Drank 25 sodas in a day?
No.
Broken a cd?
Yes.
Shot a gun?
Yes.
Stole this one from Our Shrone
You can answer just one question or them all. You can even make up answers, or answer truthfully. Just don't send anymore rain!
1. What is your all-time favorite scene in a movie?
Oh damn, I can't think of one scene lol. You've gotta understand, my brain is saturated with movies after two solid years of watching movie after movie after movie from our ever-growing collection. They really just all blend together in my mushy memory.
2. What do you think is your cat thinking right now?
Goofball: I'm gonna get somebody to play with me dammit!
Tux: Leave me alone, you little hairball
Tigger: Don't mess with me you overactive little shit.
BB: When oh when is Daddy going to wake up and feed us??? He's been asleep forever, the food dish is nearly empty, the litter needs done, and mommy is ignoring us!
3. What would be your cat's all-time favorite scene in a movie?
My cats like anything with other cats in it, but I can't pick a favorite scene...
4. Of the following, where would you rather work? Drive-in movie theater or drive-in hamburger stand?
Movie theater I guess? At least you'd get to see the movies lol.
5. What is the rudest you will ever admit to being? Do you feel justified in being rude?
Oh, I know I've been rude, but I can't pinpoint a specific instance. I always feel rotten about it afterwards.
6. What is the nicest you will brag about being? What made you act so kind?
I try not to brag. I just try to do the right thing always.
7. What was the last prayer of yours that was answered in your favor?
Well, if by in your favor they mean getting what you asked for... Coming to Germany. We really wanted it and we thought it would be great for hubby's career. Didn't turn out as we'd hoped, but we got what I asked for, we're here lol.
8. How often do you think of the following: Your husband/SO? Your child(ren)? Your cat/dog? Food? Sex?
Hubby: often, throughout the day
Kiddo: All day long lol
Cats: See above
Food: When my tummy talks to me
Sex: Not as often as hubby would like probably ;)
9. Where would you like to be buried?
I want to be cremated, and my ashes spread somewhere. I'm not sure where just yet though.
10. How naked have you ever been in public (not counting your childhood)?
Skinny dipping count?
11. What do you do when you get very bored?
Well, first I wander about, trying to decide what I want to do. I sigh a lot. Then I generally grab a hook and some yarn, or a book, or I take a nap ;)
12. How would you describe the color blue to someone who has never had sight?
Oh wow, I don't know..... to me, blue is air and water, I'd try to associate a taste (though I can't think of one right this second bc I'm drinking coffee and that doesn't taste like blue to me *g*) or a smell or a sound such as the sound of a waterfall or the ocean.... I don't know if it'd get the point across, but it's the best I can come up with
13. Why aren't there any words that rhyme with purple?
14. Who was the last person to pay you a compliment? How did you respond?
Ya'll *g* and I said Thank you, but was embarassed (I always feel embarrassed when complimented lol but I like it anyway *g*)
15. How do you take your steak or hamburger?
Medium Well






1 comment(s):
Good thing she's cute :->
By
Daisy, at
3:02 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home