Track referers to your site with referer.org free referrer feed.

Marvie's Crochet Corner

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Damn that Flo

Ugh, if it ain't one thing, it's another. That bitch Flo showed up today. I could be wrong, but that makes twice this month. K, granted this is the very last day of this month, but I could have sworn the old bitch wasn't due till at least this weekend. She was sneaky this time too, I didn't get the usual warning signals. Or if I did, it was while I was sick last week and I just didn't notice. She's feelin' onery this time around too, cramps were quite bad this morning. Even a super hot bath didn't knock the pain out, so I took a muscle relaxer, called off school today and went to bed. Thank the Gods for muscle relaxers. Four hours later, pain is gone (fer a while) and though I am a lil bit sllloooooooowwwwwww I am a happy woman. Hubby is supposed to pick up some Therma Care wraps before he comes home. I find if I use the ones meant for lower back pain (the ones that wrap around and velcro like a back brace) I get much better results than I did from the ones meant for cramps. So, if he gets home before the pain kicks in again I'l be good to go.

Needless to say, I haven't touched the sweater. I wasn't in the mood yesterday so I surfed recipe sites. I ended up making a delicious dinner. Fajitas with a yummy marinade Tortillas Mexican Rice and canned refried beans. I was tickled with myself =) This is the first time I've ever made Mexican Rice that tasted like it should. (Unless it came from a box) so I was very impressed with myself. B helped me with the tortillas too. He cooked them while I rolled them out. The whole dinner took a couple of hours of kitchen time, but it was well worth it. I do have to say though, I either need a good rolling pin (ya know, one that has both it's handles would be nice) or a tortilla press. The heels of my hands are talking to me a bit today after rolling out so many tortillas last night lol. Hubby was quite impressed with me to I think =) Other than the beans, everything was made from scratch. I didn't even hear a grumble when he did the dishes *g* and there were lots of dishes.

I dunno what I'm going to feed them tonight though. The freezer is a little bare in the meat department. No time for the big ass roast, there are some sort of pork chop like things in there I think. I could thaw those out and cut em into bits to throw into some fried rice. Or the boys could fend for themselves if I feel really lazy.

Well, I guess I'm gonna get off here and see if I can't drink some coffee to get rid of this drug induced fog in my brain lol.

4 comment(s):

  • That bitch has been harrassing me as well, she is on her second visit here this mnonth too...

    By Blogger Unknown, at 9:44 AM  

  • Kari, you and myself have always been on the same "cycle"-I see you both have her and she was due for me to, so it's "right". However, since being sick and on the steroids, it's been two months since I have seen her. I like that cause I hate her, but now I wonder, when will she come? Will I be on the same cycle or some new one? All I know is I walked around with that damn "weekend spoiler" on for about two weeks and finally said, she just isn't coming. I know she'll come when I least expect her.

    By Blogger Deneen, at 11:11 AM  

  • *hugs*

    By Blogger noricum, at 3:05 PM  

  • Ah, me too. Two times in a month, that is. *snarl*

    By Blogger Joy, at 12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home