Track referers to your site with referer.org free referrer feed.

Marvie's Crochet Corner

Friday, February 10, 2006

I got nuthin...

Why is it so hard to title a post?

Thanks to everyone who got back to me on the music question. I eventually decided not to get him the CD. He's not a super sheltered kid, but we do monitor his movie/game/music habits somewhat. I found a site with lyrics to that group and I think it's a bit to mature for him just now. Granted he's more into the actual music than he is the words of the songs, but the words are still there. (I'm the opposite, it's more the lyrics than the music that I care about) I don't mind curse words in his music and such, he hears that from me more than he does in his media lol. So, I guess I need to hunt down some more music for him. Any suggestions? He likes fast beats, doesn't matter what genre as long as it's fast lol.

Not much going on at the moment. On the crochet front, I'm working on a bag that I'll felt. It's in Paton's Classic. Black and natural. I considered dying the natural but didn't want to wait long enough to dye and dry before I started on it. Maybe I'll dye before I felt, we'll see. I'm not really using a pattern. Just a rectangle done mostly in hdc. I threw in some spike stitches so there are a few rows of sc too. Not sure what kind of handle/strap I'll give it yet. Guess I'll figure that out when the time comes.

The sweater is still waiting for sleeves. Haven't really been in the mood to pick it back up lately. It'll get finished one of these days though lol.

I've started a knitted scarf. I started it a week or more ago, set it down and didn't touch it for days. Then I brought it over to the desk yesterday because my internet connection has been kinda moody, so I would pick it up and work on it when I couldn't get pages to load. I'd done about 8 inches and it came time to join a new ball of yarn so I went to some knitting help website and after I read those instructions and watched a video, I started poking around the rest of the site and decided I'd much rather have a drop stitch scarf so I frogged all the work I'd done lol. I've cast on again, done a couple of knit rows and I'm about to do the first row of drop stitches.

I'm missing my hubby already. Boy it's going to be a huge adjustment when he goes back to sea duty in a year! He's only been gone since Tuesday lol.

Well, I guess I should get off here and scoop the litter and do the daily chores round here. I fiddled around all day, well I did get the dishes done earlier, so I have actually accomplished something today at least lol. Kiddo is sleeping over at a friend's tonight so I have the whole place to myself tonight. If I get all the chores done now I can sit and knit or crochet all night long lol. Just me n the kitties =)

Hope ya'll have a wonderful weekend!

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home