Track referers to your site with referer.org free referrer feed.

Marvie's Crochet Corner

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Done!

One sock - Finished
Square #4 - Finished

Am I the only weirdo who immediately puts on the *one* finished sock and wears it around the rest of the day? I do it every time, I just have to put the damned thing on the moment it's complete. Hubby says I'm a freak ;) I guess I'm just so happy to have finished it, I have to put it on, and then it just stays on. I'll be casting on it's mate here shortly. It does go quickly with this chunky yarn. Also, they're ankle socks, so that makes 'em quick too.

I still have some issues to resolve with sock making. My heels are not so pretty. Holes, ugly decreases. No ladders though, so that's a good thing lol. Here's hoping the heel on sock #2 turns out better. After these, I'll go ahead and cast on with the Trekking XXL I have waiting to become socks. Assuming I can work out this heel issue. If not, then I'll give it another shot with ww yarn to get more practice in before going back to tiny sock yarn. I don't feel so bad about ripping out a mistake with bigger yarn, not so many rows to go back I guess. I did leave the heel issues alone on this one, simply because I'd already ripped it out twice and it's only bad on one side. It'll just be the right foot sock, so the ugly bit is hidden on the inside of my ankle ;)

Tomorrow I'll start square #5. It's a cross, so it'll go quicker. I'll also be using the wrist brace when it comes time to trim it. That seemed to help last night when I put it on to finish the angel trim. No pain during or after, and today it's fine.

I really want to start a sweater, as soon as the 'ghan is complete that is. I have saved a whole bunch of sweater pattern links and pdf files but I have no idea what I want to make. I'm thinking simple. No lacy bits, no charts, nothing at all complicated. Something in the round would be perfect (cuz we all know how much I detest sewing pieces) and it'd be great if I could use the pretty light blue DB cotton angora I bought forever ago. Just something I can laze around in or (if it turns out nice enough) wear to the store with jeans. I'm ok as far as keeping stitches even, I had some issuse with that in the sock decreases, but worked it out at the toe. Plain old stockinette, though maybe boring, would be perfect I think. A plainish neckline, nothing too fancy for my first time out. Easy sleeves. Simple, comfy sweater. That's what I want. No, to just find one ;)

My next crochet projects are going to be This and This One will be for hooks and such (Dot's Doohicky) the other I'm going to use in the bathroom for my 50 gazillion eyeliners and such. I don't wear much makeup, but when I do I wear eyeliner, mascara and lipstick. So I have dozens of eyeliner pencils and lipliner pencils, all tossed willy-nilly in a drawer and it's a pain to find which I want. I think the caddy will help, and since I have an awful lot of those thread cores laying around (from the metallic gold thread on the angel ghan) I figured I'd put one or two of them to use. Plus, I can use something out of the odds n ends drawer, which is likely to explode yarn at any given moment. (I think if did once, while I was gone *G* hubby opened it, for I don't know what reason.... oops!) So, these can be in between squares projects I'm thinking. I bet they go super fast.

I just can't help myself. I know I should be pushing out these squares, but I do better if I give myself a small project in between, even if I don't finish the small thing, just a day of working on something other than a big white square is enough to get me going the next day. Today was sock day ;) This weekend (either day) might be a caddy day lol. Five weeks to go, and five squares left. I'll finish just in time =)

Well, gonna get off here now. Hope ya'll are having a good week =)

4 comment(s):

  • i am a freak too i guess cuz i will wear one sock I just made lol

    By Blogger Unknown, at 11:30 AM  

  • LOL-yes, you are the only weirdo who does that. I make sure it fits and then suddenly feel very depressed because although it is technically an FO, it's really only half freaking done and I do the other immediately because "dammit, I have the notes right here and it fits and now I have another one to do and dammit me and having two feet"-LOL

    I do small things in between big things to keep my sanity and keep me from hating the long ass project more then I already do-


    By Blogger Deneen, at 11:33 AM  

  • I don't usually, but I may with my first knit pair. :)

    What about Mason-Dixon Knitting's perfect sweater?
    http://www.masondixonknitting.com/archives/2006_10.html#001671
    It's not in the round, but it looks nice and classic. I'm thinking of making one.


    By Blogger noricum, at 11:48 AM  

  • I believe your hooded scarf is in the CPAD calendar-I can't find your regular email addy-send it to me and I will scan the pattern and send it to ya.

    By Blogger Deneen, at 7:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home