I hate being female sometimes!
Guess who's on her way to visit? Let me give you a few hints...Chocolate cravings
Mood swings (from pissy to tears in .02 seconds)
Carb cravings
Unusual desire for bloody meat (I'm a well done gal thankyaveryuch)
Bloating
Sudden outbreak of facial spots
Sore boobs
Hot flashes
The list could go on and on, but I'm quite sure the first one or two clued ya in lol. Yes, Aunt Flo will be here next week. Why oh why does she have to announce her arrival so LOUDLY? Guess I should make a trip to the store and pick up some basic supplies. *sigh*
Why is it that so many women think that PMS means you've actually started your period? It's PRE menstrual syndrome ladies. For those who have trouble with definitions, that means what happens to your body and emotional well being BEFORE your actual period begins. (No offense meant to you who actually know what it means, and normally it doesn't bug me, but this month it does) Once you actually begin to bleed, most of these symptoms go away (at least for me). I'm bitchy the week before my period, but once the blood shows up the bitchiness goes away, as do most if not all of the other symptoms.
Does anyone else get uber-clumsy the week prior to Aunt Flo's visit or is it just me? I absolutely refuse to touch a knife for the next week! Remember how badly I sliced my finger last week? Huh, well if that had been this week I probably would have cut the damned thing off. I'll be dropping crap, tripping up stairs and over shit that isn't even there, knocking stuff over... it's awful.
I also have to deal with about ten days of pain *after* the bleeding stops. Always on the right side, about where I assume my ovary lives. Pain meds help, frankly I take them longer after my period than I do on it! I generally only need pain stuff the first three days, then those 7-10 days afterwards. If it wasn't a monthly pain I'd think of my appendix, cuz it's right in the general area, but it's every freakin' month like clockwork. It's something to do with my girl parts. Gonna talk to the doc about it (as soon as I get off my butt and get an appointment) and see what she has to say.
I so can't wait till menopause gets here. If it's this bad now, that's gonna be loads of fun, I just know it.






4 comment(s):
Ohh and I had it figured out by your title lol! I'm sure most of us did
By
Unknown, at
8:27 AM
Yes, I get clumsy and I think it's my nerves-I tend to be more high strung this time of month. I also have a few zits that popped up, as well as sore boobs (although not as bad this month as others), bloating, bitchiness beyond my control, water retention, stomach problems and problems sleeping for about a week before she blows in-I get to sleep, but wake up constantly all night long, toss and turn-ugh.
Yes, the day I get her, I am miserable and then like that (I am snapping my fingers here), the bloating, stomach issues, zit issues, sleep issues, food issues and sometimes the bitchiness issues go away and come back about 3 weeks later. I think the bitchiness is just normal, but perhaps I am more sensitive to it during this time *wink*
By
Deneen, at
8:42 AM
By
Kimberly, at
4:35 PM
By
Anonymous, at
9:52 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home