Track referers to your site with referer.org free referrer feed.

Marvie's Crochet Corner

Sunday, October 15, 2006

I'm bored....

I am 1/3 of the way through the 3rd square of 9 for the Angel Ghan. Earlier today I joined those first two squares and weaved in all eleventy-two ends. I swear, two measly squares had more ends than a 4' X 5' afghan did! I have vowed to weave all the ends as soon as I have attached each square to the rest. No way in hell would I be a happy camper if I had to do them all at once!

I have banged my cut finger more times today than I'd like to admit to. It hurts when you bang a finger that you nearly chopped the tip off of. Hurts like hell. It also hurts when after having washed your hands, you forget you have a big honkin' gash and dry your hands like there's nothin' there. /end whine

I resisted the urge to cast on for socks yesterday. I have the mobius to finish, and it's getting cooler and cooler, it will be useful very soon if I get busy on it. I've got one skein in it so far. I have no idea how much more I'll have to go, it's hard for me to tell at this point. I'm guessing at least 3 total, which means I am 1/3 of the way done with this project as well. (Anyone notice all the 3's and multiples of 3 today? It's a theme or something lol)

I *will* cast on some socks very soon though, because as I mentioned, it's getting cooler. The floors are damned cold. I need me some warm socks. Right now. I really *really* want to cast on right this second, but I am resisting. I can't do it. If I do it, I'll just ignore the ghan bc I want socks so badly (and they go so fast!) and we can't have that. So no socks for me right now.

I have to finish two squares this week to get caught up from skipping out last week. That means all white yarn all week long. Unless I have reason to head to the bus stop for a ride to the other base, then I can work on the mobius ;) Once I get caught up, I can then maybe start some socks as a weekend only project. I just can't have nothing at all but this ghan to work on. I know me. Very well. If I don't break it up, I'll just not do anything. No ghan, no nuttin will get worked on till the boredom is gone. So socks have to happen soon. Catch up first though. I can probably finish this square up tomorrow, then do the trim and border and attaching Tuesday. If. I. Focus. That would give me plenty of time to get number four done by the end of the weekend.... If. I. Focus.

I may need assistance ;)

I know it's nearly 7pm, but I really want a cup of coffee. Just one, not a whole pot. Not decaf either (though I do keep some handy for times like this) bc I'm feeling a bit sleepy (boredom) and it's way to damned early to go to sleep. Of course, hubby's already set the pot up for morning. Thank the Gods for my French Press! I often use it when this situation occurs. Either that or a nice cappuccino. Yes, we do actually own three different coffee making devices. We used to have four but we got rid of the machine that made in a thermal carafe. We are coffee freaks lol. The french press comes in quite handy during times of power outages too. You can heat water on the grill and still have coffee. Ask me how I know this.

K, gonna go make that coffee now since I've babbled about it for like an hour.

1 comment(s):

  • Eek! Good luck with all those ends! That's the thing I hate about squares...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home