Track referers to your site with referer.org free referrer feed.

Marvie's Crochet Corner

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Ouch...

I think I've figured out why I'm whining so much about the Angel 'ghan. It's not the joining, it's not the gazillion ends to weave, it's not the squares themselves. It's the damned gold metallic thread and the trimming of the angel or cross. It's causing pain in my wrist. I'm about 2/3 done trimming out the angel and the underside of my right wrist is achey. I've had the same pain on three other occasions, just hadn't actually put it together with the trim work till now. I'm not certain just what it is causing the pain, most likely though, it's the constant twisting and turning and contorting I'm doing to get around each stitch allllllll the way around. Plus, the metallic bit of the gold thread is scratchy, not pleasant to have going through one's fingers for hours and hours.

So, I've dragged out the wrist brace thingy from the medicine cabinet, and I'm going to apply the O24 oil (which I had been putting on when it hurt before, it does help) and finish trimming out this square. The next one, I'll use the brace from the start of the trimming and see if it will prevent the pain. Once this square is finished and attached, I'll be just about halfway through.

Not a whole lot else going on around here. Hubby's got a cold, so he came home early today and went straight to bed. Here's hoping I don't get it, since I already had one before we left the states. I don't want another lol.

Hmmm, good thing I made chicken noodle soup night before last. I think there's just enough left to feed him later ;) The boy is eating over at his friend's house tonight, it's his friend's 13th bday so they're haing lasagna and then cake. The party will be this weekend. *Must remember to get bday card and cash.* So I guess I'll either have soup with hubby if there's enough, or maybe grilled cheese. I like an easy night!

Well, gonna get back to trimming this square. I want it done today/tonight. I'm already behind schedule for the week, I had hoped to have #5 started today or tomorrow. It's looking like #5 will be the weekend project now. Grrr. I wanted some knitting time this weekend lol. Oh well. I'm doing ok, time wise. I have about 5 weeks left on my self-imposed deadline and only 5 1/3 squares left to do, plus the all around border. I can do it =)

2 comment(s):

  • ouch is right! Hope you feel better and dont catch cold, hope your hubby feels better too!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 10:11 AM  

  • Can you get Zicam there? I use that when I'm feeling a cold coming on and it really does work. (The nose spray seems to work best. It is vile, but it works.) Usually if I use it I either don't get sick at all or it's pretty mild. I caught Don's and Vicki's cold last week-ish but used that stuff and didn't get nearly as sick as they did.

    Hope you're feeling better soon! Also for the scratchy gold thread, have you tried putting bandaids on the spots where it's rubbing the worst?


    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home