Track referers to your site with referer.org free referrer feed.

Marvie's Crochet Corner

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Rambling

My hubby comes home tomorrow =) I sure have missed him! I got used to having him around these past two years lol. Fortunately, I haven't lost my sea duty wife skills though. Other than just missing his company and presence, I did well. I kept up with the dishes and the critters (though I am sure they wish I would obey them like Daddy does with the feeding/scooping schedule) I did laundry and cleaned, held school and spent time with my friend "S", I made special trips to the other base to check our mail twice a week, and I crocheted and knitted and watched all of the seasons of Gilmore Girls back to back. Hell, I even cooked almost every night (which is something I never used to do when he was away, it was freezer/microwave foods or cereal all the time) Nothing major broke. No huge catastrophies. No one got ill or injured. No Deployment Gremlins attacked. I am confident that had the little critters reared their ugly heads, I could have handled them just fine. So, this was a nice practice run for next year when sea duty starts up again.

Things I missed...

My laptop. I think part of the reason why my back has been so well behaved the past couple of months might have to do with spending my time on the soft couch versus a hard chair. Reason I think this? Since hubby left and I have been sitting at the desk, my back has been acting up again.

I also missed waking up to coffee. Even though it was hours old, it was sitting there waiting for me, all hot and ready to go into my cup. I am just not with it enough to set the pot up the night before and use the timer function. So, I always have to make it when I wake up. Which means I spend ten minutes or so with my eyes open and no caffiene in my bloodstream. This is not a good thing you know. Fortunately, my kid knows me well enough not to talk to me if there isn't a cup of coffee in front of me. Now if the cats would just figure that out all would be well ;)

Other than missing hubby, I guess those are the only things I missed. I love that he does so much around the house when he's home, but I don't really mind doing it when he's gone. I'll always detest laundry and dishes, but I do them. I won't use the bleachy smelling crap in the shower (even when he's gone) because that stuff makes my lungs hurt, but everything else I do.

Which is what I need to spend my day doing today. Even though I do actually clean and such when he's gone, I always spend the day or two before he gets home doing a really good job and making sure everything is done. If there is anything not done, he'll spend his first days home cleaning. I learned this in our first months together lol. At first, I would have hurt feelings when he did that. I would feel like I hadn't done a good enough job so he felt he had to come behind me and do it "right" or something. Eventually, I learned (through talking to him about it) that he in no way feels that, he just can't help himself. If there are dishes, he has to do them. If the bathroom needs cleaning, he just does it. I married a clean freak ;) He's not obsessive in a drive you crazy kind of way though. I just don't want him to feel the need to clean when he gets home, I feel he should have some time to relax and enjoy being home. So, I do an extra good job those days before he comes home.

My to-do list for the next 24 hours:

Clean bathroom

Finish laundry - it's already started, thank goodness for having our own laundromat in the basement. Usually I only do two loads at a time and leave the other washers open in case anyone else needs them. Today I took 'em all though. I've been trying to get down there for a week and every time I try, someone has taken every one of the 5 washers. Some of the families here in our building think they can just take 'em all whenever they wish. And never on the same day so one could maybe predict when so and so is going to be doing her laundry and maybe choose another day. Well, dammit, I have dirty clothes too! And since I couldn't get in there for a week, that gave me two weeks of laundry to do. My turn dammit!

Empty dishwasher and start filling again, probably won't have a load before tomorrow though.

Clean kitchen

Dust

Vaccum

Mop

Straighten my piles and put things away

Make kid clean room

Email bookmarks I saved on this machine so I'll have 'em for the laptop

Hide hubby's blanket tomorrow afternoon.

I think that's it. Most of it is just touch up work so it shouldn't take long. Though since it's me doing it, I'll need every minute. I get so distracted! I try to focus and finish a job, but something always happens. I start one thing, then remember something else and I end up flitting from one thing to another and nothing gets accomplished. It's worse when the phone rings or the doorbell rings or the kid is around. Maybe I should put my MP3 player on and try it with music. Earphones would hide the phone/door/kid noise so maybe I could focus.... *goes to charge mp3 player*

Well, I am going to get off here and get the kid going on classwork, then get myself going on housework.

1 comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home