More rambling
Well I got most of my list accomplished yesterday. Laundry is done and put away, kitchen is clean and dishes are done, my piles went away (we won't talk about where they went lol) kid did his chores, and I did part of the bathroom. I didn't dust, mop or finish the bathroom though. I can get that stuff done today, hubby probably won't be home till 6 or so. So, the plan is to dust then run a mop over the floors then clean the bathroom right before jumping into the shower.Ya'll I have to tell you, I am so impressed with the boy. We've accomplished so much school wise. I'm going to order the achievement test sometime in the next few weeks, and after he takes that I'll determine whether we will be celebrating our last day of school early. I'm going to wait for the results on the test to decide, that way if there are any weak points I can make sure we hit them again. If he does well though, I'm going to call it done. I should know something by mid-April.
I'm going to put him back in school next year. With the understanding that if he screws around I'll yank him back out. Hubby said if B screws around we'll put him in military school, and when I pointed out that we can't really afford that he said he'd make sure we could. Frankly, I think B will do fine. I'm less concerned about his performance next year than I am about peer influence. He'll be in middle school, and that means he's going to be around a lot of influences I'm not sure he's ready for. But, I have to have faith in my kid and what we've tried to teach him. At least till he shows me not to have faith in him.
I've got mixed feelings about going home, when it comes to the boy and school. The school and the kids here are quite a bit different from the schools and the kids back home. I'm more concerned about it all once we're back there than I am about here. On the one hand, I can't wait to get away from here so he can start fresh without the knife thing hanging over his head. It's still a huge isssue here, in that friendships are impossible to make. I don't blame anyone, frankly, if it was some other kid I'd tell B he wasn't allowed near them too. It's such a small community that everyone knows everything and militray wives talk. So when new folks show up, it doesn't take long before they hear about it and tell their kids not to talk to or play with B. And of course, stories get blown up and changed with each retelling, so the Gods only know what the story is now. I had a kid ask me the other day if B really tried to kill that kid. I said noooooo he most certainly did not. He did threaten the boy, but he never got close to him and I left it at that.
On the other hand, I am afraid that getting home and being in such a different environment could just make things worse. I guess all I can do is try to find a house in a very good school system and hope like hell everything goes well.
On a whole different subject.... I've slacked on the blanket. I haven't touched it in a couple of days. I needed a break though. I was getting bored lol. So, I'll pick it back up Monday when hubby goes to work and I'll work hard all day, then put it away for the night and work on something else till the next morning. I need to finish the sleeves on the red sweater and get the pattern finished so that will be my first priority. Then I don't know what my night-time project will be. Another sweater? I have yarn for two sweaters, just need to decide what patterns I want to use. I also have a couple of shrugs to make for friend's daughters. A bday gift for each of my two best friends back home whose bdays are in May and June. The June one I think I want to make some sort of cute tank/halter or something. No idea what I will do for the May one. Guess I should get to thinking about that!
Well, I better get going. Time to start class and get my day moving. Have a great weekend ya'll!






3 comment(s):
Just make sure you know the school counselor et all when you come back to the states. And be well versed in laws such as homeschooling just in case.
By
Unknown, at
6:49 AM
My brother went to military school and while he didn't like it at the time, of course, he did very well there and later in life said it was the best thing for him given the direction he was headed.
BTW, all your housecleaning is making me feel guilty! LoL!!
By
Anonymous, at
11:16 AM
A new school when you get back to the states might be all B really needs to get a fresh start. I know exactly how a thing like that can get snowballed until it's this wild story that people keep repeating. (Did I ever tell you why we took Sara out of public school? Besides the preaching, that is? I'll email you later...)
By
Anonymous, at
12:08 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home