Track referers to your site with referer.org free referrer feed.

Marvie's Crochet Corner

Sunday, February 26, 2006

Crochet, camera and rings...

I am typing from my laptop! Yay =) Hubby got home earlier than I expected Friday, but I haven't had a chance to blog till now. I have had a chance to read blogs and visit the 'Ville though. I so missed sitting at my comfy couch with my laptop!

On the crochet front, I managed to get one sleeve completed and sewn into the red sweater yesterday. I started, and almost completed sleeve number two... but then I realized it wasn't wide enough. Grrr. So it needs to be frogged and restarted. I didn't have the energy for it last night, so that's today's project. Once the sleeve is done and attached, all that'll be left is a border and buttons. I'll have to go downtown to find buttons for it I think. Our craft shop doesn't have much of a selection, and my button box has even less. This means of course, the sweater may never be actually totally complete rofl. I will get pics once the sleeve is done though. Then I'm going to need a few testers. I want to put the pattern up at CPR, but before I do that I want to make sure the pattern works out for someone besides myself. So, if anyone is interested give me a shout. I'll post at the 'Ville eventually but thought I'd give ya'll fist shot.

The pattern can be done with any yarn or hook. It'll have a different look to it depending on what yarn is used. I did the test in RH Classic and the final sweater is done in Rainbow Boucle. The downside to this, is that I can't give specific yardage requirements. I used about one and a half balls of Boucle (maybe a bit less, haven't weighed the leftovers yet but will once I've done the last sleeve and the border)and I'd say it's more of a large/extra large. I used 6 skeins of RH Classic on the first one. The first one was too small for me, probably a medium?

I'd like testers in all experience ranges, the stitch itself is pretty easy, but I did have to get creative in a couple of places (I will provide pictures to give visual aids at those spots) and I want to make sure those bits are clear to anyone who might buy the pattern.

So, if you're interested, shoot me an email or leave a comment here and I'll get back to you.

Nothin' much going on other than the sweater work. I plan to finish the crochet today and get the pattern edited and such tomorrow and/or the next day so hopefully it will be ready for testing by Wednesday.

Oh! Hubby is getting me a new camera as a late Bday/Valentine's day present. This one. I'm pretty excited about it =) The camera I have now is a decent little thing, but something happened to it on one of our trips. Not sure if it was his trip to Normany or one of my trips, but for a while now it's been acting up on me. Still takes pics, but it will just spontaneously switch to another setting (the album or whatever, where you can look at the pics on the camera) and this usually happens just when I am ready to snap a pic. Very annoying lol. So, hubby decided to get me a new camera while we can afford it. Once we go back to the States we won't be able to afford much beyond, oh you know, FOOD. Well, it won't be that bad, but we won't be as comfortable as we are right now. Cuz, you know, we have no house payment or utilities right now. Those little things will put a crimp in our pleasure shopping lol.

And, we're getting new wedding rings! We have both put on weight since being here, and our original rings haven't fit us for quite some time now. This really bothers me. I mean to the point where one night, after a bottle or two of wine, I just sat and bawled about it. Well, hubby took that not so subtle hint and promised me new rings. We were going to get them for our anniversary but decided to wait for tax money. So, I'll be ordering this ring. I did hours and hours of searching online (because the base jewelry selection blows) and then I ran across this ring. See, our first rings are very similar. There's a little story to it, which I am going to tell just because I wanna ;)

When I first moved in with him, in Dec. '99, he was getting ready to start heading out to sea... a lot. So, one night just before he left, he gave me his Navy ring (like a class ring) to wear on a chain while he was gone and I gave him this ring I had recently purchased to wear as a thumb ring. It was a silver, square shaped ring I'd bought for $20 at a mall kiosk simply because I liked it. So, he took it and well, I never got it back lol. So, when we got married a year later, not having any money for gold or diamonds.... we went and bought a matching ring for me. Those $20 rings became our wedding rings and we were both very happy with them. They are heavy, they don't change shape like most silver rings will eventually do, and they look great. If we hadn't outgrown them, we'd still be wearing them. He likes his because it stands up very well to the abuse he gives it when he's underway, and it is the first thing I'd ever given him. =)

So, of course when I found this ring, I knew it had to be ours. It even comes in white gold. I really don't wear yellow gold, so I'd been hunting for white gold rings. Hubby also prefers it over yellow. This couldn't be more perfect =) We'll be ordering sometime within the next week or so, just as soon as the tax money is in our account.

And, now, I am going to get off here. I have some things to do today, and hubby is out of the kitchen so I can go in there and make my lunch. Hope ya'll have had a great weekend!

1 comment(s):

  • Ooo! New goodies! How fun! I love the story of the rings! :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home