Track referers to your site with referer.org free referrer feed.

Marvie's Crochet Corner

Monday, February 27, 2006

Boredom must be contagious

The boy keeps telling me how he has nothing to do, he's bored. The first time he said it, I said "You have lots to do, you just don't want to do any of it." Which led to me having to list the dozens of possibilities, none of which appealed of course lol. We've done school for the day. But I suggested he go to the library, nope, doesn't wanna. Told him he could practice his multiplication tables.... no go there either. In spite of the fact that I made him a deal today. I told him that starting Wednesday I am going to start drilling him with flashcards, and if he answers them all correct, in the time I allow (which will be 3-5 seconds) then he earns one day off vacuuming the floors AND he still gets paid for it. This was a very exciting concept for him *g* as he detests doing the floors. So, we'll do flash cards five days a week, which gives him the possibility of earning five days off if he gets them all right every day. He only does the floors twice a week, so this is some serious earning potential for him. He could feasibly earn the entire summer off. I told him I won't be reminding him to study, it's up to him if he wants to earn days off. Cuz if he earns it, I have to do the work, so it's no skin off my nose if he doesn't study and can't get the answers in the time allowed. ;)

So, anyway, his boredom seems to have affected me too. I was working on hubby's blanket but I'm bored. I don't want to start another project because then I'd have issues getting back to the blanket. I could work on the drop stitch scarf that I haven't touched in two weeks, or I could sew the second sleeve into the red sweater, or I could do snowflakes. All short projects that need to be done. Not in the mood.

Don't want to cook or bake.

Don't want to clean.

Not in the mood to read.

Not in the mood to visit.

Read all the updated blogs, caught up at the 'Ville.

Want to shop, but can't afford it at the moment. I want to get some more knitting needles. I have exctly three sets. Two straights(6mm and 8mm) and one circ (8mm) and I want to learn how to knit socks. Need dpns for that. I want to knit a sweater or a tank out of the pretty blue cotton/angora I bought recently. Should pick a pattern before buying needles though.

I do want to make myself some kerchiefs. My hair is just a tad too short to tuck behind my ears and stay put (I can tuck, but it doesn't stay put lol) and I need something to keep it our of my face when I'm cleaning and crafting and such. I can make those at night when hubby's home and I can't work on his blanket. I'm thinking thread, so they'll be comfy in summer too. I have a red one I made last July in thread and I really like it. Takes a bit longer with thread, yarn would be a one sitting project, but I haven't got much in the way of cotton yarns and anything else would be too hot for summer. I do have a little bit of cotton though, so I could do up a few with what I have and next time I go downtown I could buy more. They should be putting out the spring stuff pretty soon and the cottons and other light weight yarns are only about 1-3 euro per 50g ball.

PMS? I don't feel all that irritated or annoyed... maybe just a tad.*thinks* Starting to get a bit tender in certain upper areas, so maybe PMS is kicking in.

I made chicken and dumplin's last night. What a flop. I stoopidly didn't bother measuring the shortening when I made the dumplings.... thought I could eyeball it. Big mistake. I can't eyeball worth a flip. The dumplings were just nasty. So I plan to fish them out of the pot tonight and either try again, or throw in some more veggies and call it chicken stew. The rest of it tasted great, so I don't want to toss the whole pot. Not sure if I can do dumplings in it now that it's already thickened, would they cook right? Generally I do the dumplings and then thicken the soup when they are nearly done cooking.

At least I'll have gotten three meals out of one chicken lol. I made a whole roasted chicken one night, then tossed the leftover meat and all the bones in a pot and made stock. Next night made the flop meal after picking out all the bones and shredding the chicken, which we all ate, the boy ate the dumplings and I think hubby might have, but I just couldn't. Usually when I make chicken and dumplin's it lasts a few meals bc I do up such a big pot. We usually have that for a day or two, then I'll throw in more veggies and have it till it's gone. One chicken can last most of a week rofl. Granted the meat itself doesn't generally stick around that long, it's usually mostly gone by the third meal, but I can either just go with "chicken flavored" soup or if need be I can toss in a breast or two.

K, yup, I'm pissy. I just got irritated at the boy over little stuff. Grrrr I really hate this. And I could have to go through this for 15-20 more years, or longer? It's just not fair. Women really get the short end of the stick yanno?

I'm gonna call hubby and tell him to bring home chocolate. My rear doesn't need it, but it sure does help my mood.

Gonna get off here before I infect anyone else lol. {{{Hugs}}} to Kari and Deneen, since I know ya'll are either ahead of me hitting this or close to it.

4 comment(s):

  • *hugs*

    Maybe it would help if you and the boy go and run around outside for a bit... whatever activity is weather-appropriate.


    By Blogger noricum, at 12:02 PM  

  • (((hugs))) Hope you're feeling better soon!

    I'm having some kind of pain-in-the-ass extended PMS deal here. I was off the pill for a couple of weeks (ran out and needed to mooch more sample packs off the dr but kept forgetting to call them) and then I just started them on the day of the week I normally would instead of waiting for a period because last time I went off the pill it was a couple of months before I had one. So now my body is totally spazzing out. (To top it off I have to go buy a pregnancy test. Ack. I'm sure I'm not pregnant but it dawned on me last night that I was off the pill just long enough and forgot to use other birth control--duh!--and I've got all this freaky stuff going on, so I need to make sure since I take a lot of medication.)


    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:19 PM  

  • Maybe you need to get out of the house for a bit? I wish I was bored. I have a lot on my plate right now and I don't remember a time where I felt bored. It sounds kind of heavenly. Embrace it for me.

    By Blogger none, at 3:26 PM  

  • yep, chocolate is the universal answer to everything, the cure of all cures!! hehe

    By Blogger Jewels, at 9:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home